Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be sanding down and fully preping my left mid fairing.. then i'm gonna give it a couple layers of red and finish up with wet sanding, clear coat and the decals. Has anyone used red krylon fusion? is it close to the stock honda color on an 04? Or should i just spend the extra $35 on color rite?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Let me tell you about that Krylon FUsion Paint!

I tried to do the same thing recently with a close match yellow!

It is hands down the worse spray paint ever made!

I have used spray paints quite often for many things, almost feel qualified to give advice on it at this point. One time I spray painted an old Neon Purple... not a great decision, but it was funny and actually looks great.... for about a month...

Back to the point... While testing various paints in store next to a color chip of the bike. the Fusion paint was so close... but it did seem a bit runny. I figured I just didnt get a good shake and went with it... It ran everywhere, it layered. It ruined my bottom fairing. Since then i have dont a so so repair, but it still looks pretty bad as I didnt want to order the good stuff till I have time to strip the fairing entirely, or order a new one.

Basicly... DONT BUY IT!

I literally was so pissed, i would have started a law suit (If I felt like tossing away more money)... just to sue the company... and i didnt even want the money back from them...

...Rant off... god i feel better... been wanting to get that off my chest for a couple weeks, but didnt want to fess upto using it... lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no kidding.. i used krylon fusion on my jeep's worn fenders and it worked amazing.. i just did very very light coats of it like 6 coats and it came out perfect.. I'll prob go for color right tho since i want it looking like new.. However my lower fairings i'm gonna do black and i think i'm going to go for some kind of plastic spray paint and just prep the hell out of it

·
Registered
907 Posts
i used that krylon fusion on my sh*t tail while i was waiting for my new one. Didn't really care much what it looked like since i only used that tail for maybe a month max.

Krylon Fusion paint does suck. It wasn't runny IMO but it did layer and the texture of it is crap. I got gloss black and it was so dull and crappy looking. Would never use it again, i don't really like spraypaint for anything, but if forced to use it i would look further..

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
you can't sand then clear. you paint let it flash, the clear, then wetsand. But, stay away from rattle cans. I paint and there are a couple of other guys on the board that do too. I'm just starting, but will have some finished products in a month or so to show off. Including my bike. It will be....

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Krylon Fusion paint is great, I used it to paint the inside of my windscreen and I also used it to paint one of my welding helmets bright blue then painted silver flames on it. the paint has adhesion promoter built in so it sticks to plastics with no problems. I'd use it for a quick fix or going over some rashed plastics but for permanent I'd get the actual honda paint and do it right, or just try to buy a used mid fairing if you've got the extra cash laying around.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay so let me get this right.. when i do paint it i need to prep it, then layer on a few coats of paint, then a few layers of clear coat, then wet sand... i don't wet sand between the paint and the clear coat? also whats a good clear coat to use?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts