Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:ciao: For all you guys that listen to ipods/mp3 players etc while riding have you used these before?

Never been one to want to plop that kind of $ down for some headphones but a guy over on the s2k boards has got quite a few sets he is blowing out cheap cheap under $100 shipped when they normally go for $150+ at the cheapest places i've found so seems to be a good deal to pass up on. My $20 walmart headphone work just fine for me when riding but if its a night & day difference like some say i'm thinking about it.

But i'm just curious on how well they squeeze into a helmet, because it took me 2-3 sets to find the ones I use now that dont kill my ears and stay in when I put my helmet on.

Thanks for any info/opinions guys, appreciate it.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
i got the studio Beats and I love them

My girl has the in-ear Gaga Beats and she likes them but to me their shape was annoying while wearing them. Their sound is pretty good too though.

but honestly, for riding I still prefer my cheap JVC Marshmallows. Decent sound for the money and VERY comfortable.

I suggest, if you can, take a helmet with you to a store and see of you can try them on 1st before spending that much on ear buds.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I dont think you should use these, My friend has them, and I watched a cnet video review

The length of the ear canal piece is CRAZY long, im sure they WONT fit nicely in your helm..

I tried skull candy ASYM, thinking they were slim profiles and such
they hurt like hell when i took off my helmet

now I only use the $90 (CDN) apple earphones cuz they super slim profile

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MA850G/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0Ng&mco=MTM3NDk3MzI

·
Registered
378 Posts
If you are going to spend that kind of money go with Shure. I am an audiophile and have used all the high end ear buds. Shures are by far the best.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I agree with the Shure idea. I had a pair of their ear buds that lasted me a couple years and they were great. I've been thinking about picking up another set sometime soon

·
Registered
137 Posts
just picked up these from amazon (Sennheiser CX300-S Earbuds). make a world of a difference compared to my old jlabs headphones.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Shure are by far the best sound quality!

but i love my skull candy ones you cant beat them for the price, and they are super comfortable!

·
Registered
38 Posts
i just picked up a set of etymotic er6i isolator earbuds. I replaced the flanged tips with Comply foam tips. This setup is super comfortable. Isolates noise so well, that I have my tunes on the lowest volume on my phone while riding, and can hear the music clearly, and can still hear my bike well. With the music muted, these block wind noise as well as the foam earplugs I normally wear. They stay in place perfectly and do not stick out beyond the ear. My .02

·
Registered
3,191 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
What ever you get, make sure they have volume control built in to the line. makes it a crap-ton easier then reaching in your pocket to hear something while riding

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My buds are .25 a pair. Fit perfectly! The only problem is it's the same smooth sound over and over again.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a set of E4C's best sound isolating buds ive ever owned, great overall sound quality but they lack a little bass.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The the F**** listens to music while riding?! Seems idiotic to me.
I rode for several years without tunes, not to long ago someone turned me on to music while on the bike and I have to say it is nice when your out on the open road!..I still keep it turned down low enough to hear the bike growl, that sound is music as well......you should try it out sometime out on the highway, you might enjoy it....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts