Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't had the chance to catch it, DVR it! It's on Discovery's HD Theater on Monday nights as part of their "Motorcycle Mondays" lineup. Slow motion cams all over the course make for gorgeous shots, chase helicopters that can barely catch up, and of course HD coverage is always a plus.

The only downside is I'm now really beginning to consider doing some track days. There goes my savings!

·
Registered
26 Posts
i was at the tt this year, was great, its not the same watching it on tv you need to get there and watch it up close and personal, easy for me 2 say as im only a mattter of hours away from it lol.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I been watching it. It's badass I love it, last episode they had some rain issue that sucked. They show this guy who didn't make the right turn so he went straight then clipped the thing on the right he went flying that sucked for him.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I been watching it. It's badass I love it, last episode they had some rain issue that sucked. They show this guy who didn't make the right turn so he went straight then clipped the thing on the right he went flying that sucked for him.

i saw this one, he couldnt decide between right or left, so he thought, why not go straight into the barrier...sucks

·
Registered
327 Posts
I love the TT!! After I watched that a few more times I realized he was confused on which way to go, the arrow pointed right, but there was a lane open on the right. You can see his decision making process by looking where his head was facing. He wasn't sure weather to take the right turn or go straight in the right lane.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I love the TT!! After I watched that a few more times I realized he was confused on which way to go, the arrow pointed right, but there was a lane open on the right. You can see his decision making process by looking where his head was facing. He wasn't sure weather to take the right turn or go straight in the right lane.
Yep that's what happened. I'm just glad that guy is ok. :five:

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
i was at the tt this year, was great, its not the same watching it on tv you need to get there and watch it up close and personal, easy for me 2 say as im only a mattter of hours away from it lol.
Must have been great to be there! Let's see, I'm only 18 hours away by fast jet. Thank goodness for HD Tv. At least we can get a taste of it. I think it is the best race there is......in any sport.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ya they set a new lap record at 131 mph average speed around the track. HE AVERAGED 131, and don't forget this is threw the middle of town, not on some track, they just close off the streets for this race. This is truly a sick race. And the show coverage is awesome!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was pretty impressed with how fast he got up. Granted, he wasn't going all that fast but it's not like he slid into a sand pit. He basically high-sided and flipped onto his back and stood right up... on a public road... AFTER hitting that huge white barrier. If that's not a reason to gear up, I don't know what is.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Thought it was rather pointless to air this weeks filler material since it's being broadcast so far after the event, find it hard to believe their going to wrap up all the races in just one more broadcast (currently all that's scheduled). I enjoyed the practice rounds though, look forward to seeing the actual race.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I was pretty impressed with how fast he got up. Granted, he wasn't going all that fast but it's not like he slid into a sand pit. He basically high-sided and flipped onto his back and stood right up... on a public road... AFTER hitting that huge white barrier. If that's not a reason to gear up, I don't know what is.
+1 on gear they do save lives

1 - 20 of 20 Posts