Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if so can you look at the subframe for me!? i need to know, where the fuel tank mounts to the subframe. NOT to the frame itself, but the back attachments on the subframe i think there are grommets missing in my subframe, the bolts that attach the tank to the subframe look to be 8mm. and then there is a brass washer type rod thing in there, but the hole is like 1" id. i dont have my old subframe and cant really see anything on ronayers or anything. so if you could either check and see or take a pic i would appreciate it.

or if you have a broken/bent subframe your not going to be using, and i could buy those grommet i would appreciate it! thanks!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one can help me?

·
Registered
32 Posts
i don't think the tank mounts to the subframe,(but it's been a couple of months since i've had it a part) but i think i have some bushings for the subframe. I'll look

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
the tank does mount to the subframe

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i knew it mounted to to subframe....but there was a problem because i took off my snapped subframe 5 months ago and put a new one on, but have been working on the engine so i didnt have the tank on, now 5 months later i go to reinstall the tank, and the bolts i put back in the tanks hole for storage, were like an 8 mm bolt going into a 20 mm hole. but LUCKILY out of all the parts i threw out back then, i didnt throw out that part of the subframe. woooohoooo.........

and i got the bike started last night for the first time in 5 months after some serious rebuilding. (the bike was totaled 5 months ago and im rebuilding it into a race bike) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts