Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I love the 2007-2012 cbr600rr but one thing I hate about it aesthetically is the front gap it has on the front fairing making it look like a turtles neck popping out.

Anyone here ever found a thread about this or knows how one can go about filling that gap in somehow to make it look professional/perfect?

Thanks. :smile2:

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,799 Posts
i think he means the gap between the side panels and the upper.

and no, i've never seen anyone "fill the gap"

it would be very difficult to do in a manner that didn't look awful.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think he means the gap between the side panels and the upper.

and no, i've never seen anyone "fill the gap"

it would be very difficult to do in a manner that didn't look awful.
The 2005/2006 models have that area filled up aswell as the 2013+ models.
Just this 2007-2012 models have that awful looking gap. :frown2:

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,799 Posts
the 05-06 bodywork is designed completely differently than the 07-12

unless you're going to chop apart your mid panels and try to mesh them into the upper somehow it's not going to happen cleanly. the "gap" extends right through the side of the bike, so where would you stop?

i think you're fixated on something that isn't even an issue, from a styling standpoint as well as functional. the 07-12 bodywork is amazing to work with once you understand how it all goes together. the styling, though now 10 years old still looks great. the 05-06 looks brutally dated by now

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Very long time ago I had the idea to make some custom LED turn signals that basically filled in that area, I think it would look pretty trick.

With a step drill you could probably rig some 1000RR side fairings on there... of course they won't be flush with the upper though.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I never noticed that gap until the linked pic pointing it out. I still won't notice it when I look at them in the wild though haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts