Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A buddy of mine was recently sitting at a stop light on his 06 gsxr600. his fi light was showing (fuel injector). the light turned green he gave it gas and obviously the fuel injector was working properly shot too much when he revved it and he popped the wheel and layed it down. Would suzuki be liable for the accident being that the bike is under warranty and it was due to a falty fuel injector. he needs a new rear set, clip-on, and fairings.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I highly doubt it. The best way to pursue it though would be to have a mechanic pull the FI code from the ECM to help back your claim.

But fuel doesn't really work that way... too much fuel just makes the mixture rich and you lose power. There's not really an extra amount of power than what you get normally, you know? And it's a manual linkage throttle.

D

·
0 Posts
Suzuki wont be liable. If he noticed the FI light coming on, the correct thing to do would have been to shut the bike off and take it somewhere to be diagnosed. Only thing they would cover would be the fuel injector(s). It's not the bikes fault he decided to rev up the engine at a near stop with the clutch engaged or let the lever slip out of his hand to engage the clutch.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Suzuki wont be liable. If he noticed the FI light coming on, the correct thing to do would have been to shut the bike off and take it somewhere to be diagnosed. Only thing they would cover would be the fuel injector(s). It's not the bikes fault he decided to rev up the engine at a near stop with the clutch engaged or let the lever slip out of his hand to engage the clutch.
+1 ON THIS COMMENT......:five:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Dude, are you serious? Is there ANY way to prove even slightly that is what happened?

First try proving he didn't just give it too much gas, which is almost 100% likely what happened.

If an injector just "shot too much gas" nothing would happen except the bike might die, or at least bog down from overly rich condition.

Unless the fuel was accompanied by additional matching air, which (surprise) comes from twisting the grip, there's no way it could "take off."

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
dude, I was taking a corner at like 150 and I lost traction... will Honda be liable?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
gixxers and their electrical problems... like others have said, no way to prove any of it, i know guyz with gixxers that have been riding them with the fi light on, no speedo ect.. but it still runs so i dont know how it could have made him drop it

tell him to get a honda and avoid all this bullshyt in the future!

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
gixxers and their electrical problems... like others have said, no way to prove any of it, i know guyz with gixxers that have been riding them with the fi light on, no speedo ect.. but it still runs so i dont know how it could have made him drop it

tell him to get a honda and avoid all this bullshyt in the future!
While I would usually regard this as just brand rivalry, I know a few people with late model GSX-Rs that have all sorts of electrical gremlins. I wonder what it is?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Actually, the manual says to slowly ride it to the dealer for service, (or something to that extent), but a bad injector didn't cause that. he panicked and, when it jumped, he twisted too much throttle. Rider error.

Thos of us that have been riding for many years have ridden bikes with messed up carbs, stuck throttles etc. and are still standing. Tell him to harden up:laughing5

NSFW, Language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iweZ-o43wFU

1 - 12 of 12 Posts