Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
HONDAholic
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the guys that live in an apartment complex without garages, how do you secure your bikes?---i just moved to a new complex, and i want to be as careful as possible! i have been parking my bike in front of my work truck, and putting a krytonite new york lock around the telephone pole, since there's one right in that area---i don't live in a bad area, but heh! you never know, i would be passed pissed if i came out with my helmet and gear on and had nothing to ride--wow i almost cried thinking about it!!!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I park mine by my front door. My bedroom window is right there too and I can hear everything outside. I never had a problem until I crashed it, now I need another bike.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
i've had freinds drive their's in to the apartment for extra security. their landlord never caught them so they got away with it for the whole time they lived at the complex. i would as well if i had to. there is no way i would give anyone the temptation of trying to screw me...f*ck that!!!

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
First off, I'd park it inside the apt if possible, if not....

This is one instance where I might recommend an alarm too. Or maybe one of those Zena disc alarm locks. If it's right outside your apt you'd be able to hear it at night.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Apartment security = Jumbo shrimp

Get what I'm saying? I had my bike stolen after being followed home. What pantablo said. www.bikebrace.com I bought one but my landlord refused to let me install the damn thing.

I know have a one car garage and the bike is inside while my poor car tries to beat the heat.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
well the good thing about leaving mississippi is that my bike security is taking the key out. most criminals here aren't that intelligent

·
I've Got A Fever
1,478 Posts
I have a ground floor apartment with a small patio off the sliding door. I removed one of the side railings and pull my bike up on there, then use a Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit chain to lock it to a deck railing. I'm sure thieves could just cut the wood support but it'd be a hassle for them.

·
Ninjore Supreme
6,535 Posts
Man I hate living in an apartment too, I am lucky enough to have a groundfloor apartment I put two way alarms on every vehicle I own and park them directly outside my bedroom window (I sleep with a loaded .40 in a quick access safe on my nightstand) the second I hear a beep or my keychains going off there is a red dot out my window, also if you own firearms make it completely obvious to your neighbors, I think some of my neighbors are shady f*cks (aka THIEVES) so just demonstrate you aren't one to be toyed with.

only 38 days until I have a safe garage in my own house..........

·
Registered
481 Posts
When I moved I made sure I had a garage. I have 5 bikes in my garage and it would be a score for any theif. But I have renters insurance plus full coverage so I am not too worried about it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Reediculous said:
For the guys that live in an apartment complex without garages, how do you secure your bikes? it!!!
INSURANCE!

Aside from that, disk lock, alarm, chain, bike brace, and wedge it in with your car. The best bang for your buck is a bike brace. Look it up, they are made not too far from here. You will need to get permission to drill into the concrete. Remember, it is easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission! I have heard of building managers welcoming installation of bike braces. Less thefts from their lots is better buisness for them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts