Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read in Roadracing World that Aprilia just started a program where you can lease their bikes with or without accessories for 24 to 48 months. Seems like a pretty cool idea. I wonder why other manufacturers haven't done this. What do you guys think about it?

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
I'm sure it's a BAD idea. Leasing a car is a bad idea too unless your using it for business and can write it off.

I can't see how this will work with a bike...I'm sure there will be so many things in the fine print that people will get screwed in the long run.

I could be wrong of course, but i still wouldn't do it!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it makes more sense for a bike. Usually people who lease cars are the people that like to get a new car every year or whatever. Usually bikers are always getting new bikes so it would be cool to get a new bike every year and not have to worry about the trade in value.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There wasn't much about it. It's in the July Roadracing World. Prolly info on Aprilia's site. But so what if you drop it and gotta pay for it. You gotta do the same if you own the bike. So if you drop it you own it basically.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Maybe there will be special insurance for it, to cover gaps and what-not.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's all that is in there.

"Aprilia USA has announced the first ever lease program for the motorcycle industry. Under the program, consumers can lease a 2007 model Aprilia streetbike for between 24 and 48 months with no down payment and monthly payments that could be lower than traditional loan payments. Consumers can even lease a new Aprilia that has been fitted with optional accessories. "We believe that leasing has major appeal to riders who are interested in high-end Italian motorcycles like Aprilia," Mike Kull, Vice President of Marketing for Aprilia, said. "Leasing provides the customer with a lot of flexibility and options. They can upgrade to the newest models when the lease is up, without the challenges of selling a used bike or haggling over a trade-in."

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
Here's all that is in there.

"Aprilia USA has announced the first ever lease program for the motorcycle industry. Under the program, consumers can lease a 2007 model Aprilia streetbike for between 24 and 48 months with no down payment and monthly payments that could be lower than traditional loan payments. Consumers can even lease a new Aprilia that has been fitted with optional accessories. "We believe that leasing has major appeal to riders who are interested in high-end Italian motorcycles like Aprilia," Mike Kull, Vice President of Marketing for Aprilia, said. "Leasing provides the customer with a lot of flexibility and options. They can upgrade to the newest models when the lease is up, without the challenges of selling a used bike or haggling over a trade-in."
it sounds like APRILIA is just desperate and wants cash, id fux with it, and try the factory R.

i wonder what the fineprint says tho, insurance and all that jazz.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your right. I totally forgot about insurance. I'm sure you have to have full coverage. But I mean I'm sure it's pretty straight forward like a car lease. Mileage limit and all that. But it seems pretty cool, the concept at least.

·
19,904 Posts
hmm, this could be just what i need, i mean if i can get full ocverage for less than i do with my 1000RR which im sure i could, and pay even less for the lease it may even out, and then i can make my 1000RR a straight track bike.

BUt damn, id prolly have to ride it stock.. which is something that i absolutely hate driving stock vehicles.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No man. You can get accessories put on from the dealership which would be added onto the lease payment. I don't know what these "accessories" are but they may have performance stuff like Ducati. Cam kits, exhaust systems, mag wheels, who knows. I'm def gonna look into it some more.

·
19,904 Posts
If i get a factory R all id want is an FE and maybe the upgraded exhaust, but hell they come stock with Akropovics

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was just on their website. It is way outdated and their accessory page is from like 05 but they have a variety of exhaust systems. And if you wanted a FE you could do it and just put it back to stock when the lease is up.

·
19,904 Posts
i was just on the website, i didnt see anything about leasing?
will used ones be available for leasing too?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The website is really old. The article just said 07's and newer when they come out. But maybe when somebody brings in an 07 when their lease is up maybe you could lease that.

·
19,904 Posts
i might make a phone call later today.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
it sounds like a deal for weekend worriors. the mileage limit is probably set for the kinda person who would only ride on the weekends, not everyday everywhere like i do

1 - 20 of 48 Posts