Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a guy going around forums named Helmet HOuse in Redondo Beach, CA. He has pictures and sends tons of them. I just bought a new McCoy Slide King RX7 Corsair size medium from him for $300.00 shipped to me. I gotta tell you, this is the best FAKE I have ever seen. It came in the right box, with all the labels, stickers, and graphics. It's dead nuts accurate, but, NO SNELL logo anywhere inside the helmet. It uses the old RX7 Liner instead of the new Corsair liner, and has FULMER stamped inside the shell under the liner instead of Arai.
So, I called Arai, and they said it is DEFINETLY a fake. They also had me ship them the helmet for inspection, and they are going to send me the real deal in trade, so thumbs up to Arai. They aren't too happy though that people are knocking off their helmet.

Also, this guys uses the excuse that he is broke so that's why he's selling it so cheap. This is a $600 MSRP helmet so..... you get what you pay for.

According to Arai's customer service, and regional sales rep., this is the 4th helmet they have seen like this, and they are attempting to trace the source.
http://www.racemotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=ccs1;action=display;num=1080086243

Just passing on the news. I saw this link posted on the cbr600rr.com site. Sounds like Arai is going to stand by their customers and replace the fakes with real Arai at no cost! Glad I bought Arai! :beer:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Thats great of Arai to do that. That may explain all the Arai`s on Ebay that are new in the box. Myself and a friend sent many emails to this seller requesting verification that the helmets pictured were real Arai`s and never got one response.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would say definately don't do that. Why punish a company that is doing something great by taking advantage of them. Unfortunately there are alot of people that will. :bitchslap:

·
Registered
388 Posts
That's pretty impressive. Most companies would tell you to stick it up your a$$ for buying into a scam even if you didn't know.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Damn, looks like I'm gonna hafta blow the big $600 and get one from a dealer and forget ebay :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts