• No

Votes: 16 23.5%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the city and god is it annoying to be woken up at 8am by some straight piped harley burning 3 gears going from stop sign to stop sign. Have some consideration, people!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Straight pipes are annoying but so are all our street bikes haha. When my friends leave my house I can hear them for over a mile

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
LOL I think the vote count speaks for itself :)

I can't wait for the cops to try and pull me over for my exhaust so I can tell them to stop being pussies and to start pulling over scary looking bikers with straight pipes..
And then I'll let you guys know when they let me outta jail... hahaha

·
Registered
974 Posts
arrow exhaust insert ftw - still though I had it out yesterday and this little kid in the back of a 5 series points to me and says that bike sounds awesome :) then his dad tried to race me and got broke off, lol

be a fighter pilot kid

·
Registered
331 Posts
when i was taking off my slip on to put my full akra on. i took the muffler off and starte it up. :thumbup: :cruising:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I live in the city and god is it annoying to be woken up at 8am by some straight piped harley burning 3 gears going from stop sign to stop sign. Have some consideration, people!
take it as a alarm clock to get out of bed..geesh im at my office job at that time, and i ride my bike to work waking every other F***** up with my Yoshi rpm 6000 gets some great reverb happening...lol :fyou: im up, your up is my moto...lol

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Yes...loud does not equal fast

Though I have to say...straight pipe Harley's are worse than sportbikes

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I've got a cruiser thats pretty loud. Its not straight-pipe loud but loud enough to annoy me. I'm forced to wear earplugs all the time since I don't want to be deaf when I'm 50. I'm getting new baffles for them which should quiet them down a fair amount.

I find straight-pipes are fine in an open area like the backroads, country or mountains, but in the city its super annoying. Especially so inbetween tall buildings and the noise reverberates all over the place. With that being said, I definitely liked the novelty of it when I went thru the tunnels along the oregon coast highway.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i really dont think you can hate on a bike with straight pipes just cuz its a cruiser. i love loud bikes and cars of all kinds and i know my boy with an 05 r6 with a straight pipe is just as loud as a harley with stright pipes just a much different note. and to be fully honest i cant stand the tone of his bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts