Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around for a reputable dyno tuning center to create. Custom map for my bike and the dealer wants to charge me 250$+ extra fees if they have to take off fairings.. Is this a decent deal or are they trying to make a quick buck off of me? I am in northern NJ (Morristown)and there isn't many close to me so I don't have many options... Any advice where to go or how much I should be spending to get this done? Any help or pointing nj the right direction would help out.. I have a carbon Jardine dual outlet stock air box everything else is stock.. 08 600rr

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
If you can haul the bike in the back of an truck strip the bike from all the fairings and that includes the gas tank cover such a move will save you some labour time ask them how much discount would they offer you if the bike is without fairings I would presume a half an hour off the labour rate ( all they got to take off is gas tank cover , mids & lowers )

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
what would they need to remove the fairings for?
Possibly they are speculating op will be asking them to install a power commander or a Bazzaz system as per your post that would be the only reason for fairings removal :thumbup: as always the smart cat in you brings out valid pointers :banger:

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
They'll have to yank the fairings to pull out the PAIR system, if it's still on the bike. Installation of the block of plates is probably going to add another hour of labor costs on top of that.

If you don't have an EFI piggyback, this is all pretty useless. (in my opinion it's useless for any system using the stock headers and EGVC)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Most shops charge between 150-300 for a custom tune. Removing the fairings helps keep the bike at operating temperature. With some bikes (hondas fall in this category) they run very hot and you can sometimes spend more time keeping the bike cool than actually mapping it. Do yourself and the tuner a favor and remove fairings before a tune. As one mentioned already they will also need to block the clean air injection system if you have not done so already. Most tuners will just use a set of hemostats to pinch the hose from the air box which can usually be accessed thru the hole in the fairing but having it removed does help.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you don't have an EFI piggyback, this is all pretty useless. (in my opinion it's useless for any system using the stock headers and EGVC)
Why would this be useless? Your unlocking more potential for the bike no? I just wanted to know if the price was reasonable and you comment saying what I'm trying to do is useless? Thnks bro your opinion will be considered..To all others HELPFUL input thank you. I'm going to setup an appointment shortly..

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
What potential are we talking about here? You can either fool yourself for $$$$ or just change up your gearing and go way faster for less and not having to screw around with the engine/airflow.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
If I'm reading the OP correctly, it sounds like you only have a slip-on. If that's the case, a tune is not necessary. Spend your money on gear or gearing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts