Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
worth the 50 bucks? I'm thinking about purchasing one, but not sure if it's worth the money

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Just got mine installed a few days ago. From what I notice, the top end is very noticeable. Before the Z-Bomb, the bike seems to plateau out about 12K. I didn't really want to go pass this point. With the Z-Bomb, the bike seems to want to keep accelerating all the way to red line. Is this how it should be? Or is it just in my head? If it's not in my head, then I'd say it well worth it. It's about the same cost as an 07-08 ECU at around 50 bucks. Installation was super easy. Hardest part was putting the fairing back on.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
Just got mine installed a few days ago. From what I notice, the top end is very noticeable. Before the Z-Bomb, the bike seems to plateau out about 12K. I didn't really want to go pass this point. With the Z-Bomb, the bike seems to want to keep accelerating all the way to red line. Is this how it should be? Or is it just in my head? If it's not in my head, then I'd say it well worth it. It's about the same cost as an 07-08 ECU at around 50 bucks. Installation was super easy. Hardest part was putting the fairing back on.
I think so, did a lot of power mods at once makes it a little hard to tell but it definitely doesn't drop off like it used to after 11.5, it pulls all the way to 14

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I forget the exact specifics, but I do believe the Z-Bomb *restores* the fueling map above ~12k in 2009 and newer 600RRs, this dip was introduced to meet emissions standards in Europe and not corrected or retuned for some years. I don't know if it still exists in the 2013 model or not.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
I forget the exact specifics, but I do believe the Z-Bomb *restores* the fueling map above ~12k in 2009 and newer 600RRs, this dip was introduced to meet emissions standards in Europe and not corrected or retuned for some years. I don't know if it still exists in the 2013 model or not.
Ya in 5th or 6th after a certain rpm it cuts it from wot to 85% IIRC

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation guys. I really enjoy reving the bike now. Before that, it wasn't very exciting going pass 12K because there was no point. Now I want to see the needle hit the red all the time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
553 Posts
can anyone tell me what the specifics are about the 07 ecu vs the 09 and does the z bomb just level them out so they are equal?

im going to be getting a dyno tune and want to have everything ready before it.

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
can anyone tell me what the specifics are about the 07 ecu vs the 09 and does the z bomb just level them out so they are equal?

im going to be getting a dyno tune and want to have everything ready before it.
The 09+ ecu's retard the ignition over about 12k rpm for emissions purposes. I believe it cuts the power by 15%. I've been told that the Z-Bomb tricks the ECU into thinking it doesn't need to retard the ignition, making it the same as the 07-08.

The 07-08 ecu doesn't have this restriction so it can be swapped for the same effect.

Definitely do one or the other before you dyno the bike.

·
Registered
553 Posts
The 09+ ecu's retard the ignition over about 12k rpm for emissions purposes. I believe it cuts the power by 15%. I've been told that the Z-Bomb tricks the ECU into thinking it doesn't need to retard the ignition, making it the same as the 07-08.

The 07-08 ecu doesn't have this restriction so it can be swapped for the same effect.

Definitely do one or the other before you dyno the bike.
so its based on engine speed, not bike motion speed.
i origionally heard it was based on the speed you were going which sounded weird.

ill end up getting the Z-bomb... simpler and cheaper than doing a ecu swap.

·
Registered
553 Posts
so i got my Z-Bomb but heres the problem....
i picked it up on the way to work and thought ide bring the instructions inside...well theres a good chance i filed them with someones injury report and sent it to WSIB (government for injury claims) so if someone else gets one and can scan and email them to me that would be great...
hopefully they dont confuse the bazzaz instructions with part of the report....lol

·
Registered
553 Posts
Install is eazy. It just plugs between the bazzas z fi and the ecu. But I kinda want the paperwork that came with it.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
good news, i didnt mail the instructions to the government lol
found it at work in one of my files, thats a bit of a relief.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts