Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started going to track im running some dot tiers pirelli supercorsa do i really need tire warmers and does it really help in giving the tire a longer life and is it noticable

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
They are DOT race tires? If so, then warmers are nice. But, no, they are not a requirement. Just take a few laps at 80% pace to get your temps up, then let it rip.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
As stated above not soo much for DOT.

For RACE Tires, Definitely.

Although. No matter what, its always nice to go out on the track with hot tires.
Specially if you are really getting aggresive out there.

Could make the difference between a $2500 Repair bill, or not.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Just my .02

I run race tires (slicks) and don't use tire warmers in the summer. I run a decent pace. 1st lap, I'm pushing 75-85% passing riders left & right.

A guy in our circle of friends does some crazy times and doesn't run warmers.

Towards the end of the year as it gets colder I'll use tire warmers.

From what others have told me, if you race then I would otherwise all you have to do is warm up the tires for a lap or 2 and you're good to go.

·
Registered
337 Posts
As stated above not soo much for DOT.

For RACE Tires, Definitely.

Although. No matter what, its always nice to go out on the track with hot tires.
Specially if you are really getting aggresive out there.

Could make the difference between a $2500 Repair bill, or not.

That is exactly why I use them.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Tire warmers = less heat cycles = super fresh tires for however many track days you can get out of them... plus you don't really need to do the standard 2-3 warm up laps if you run warmers, which is nice. :shakehand

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Tire warmers = less heat cycles = super fresh tires for however many track days you can get out of them... plus you don't really need to do the standard 2-3 warm up laps if you run warmers, which is nice. :shakehand
Well put.

Indeed you can warm up your tires for the first 2-3 laps.
But, you spend a LOT of money to attend these race events, and or track days.
It's nice to get 100% out of your investment, instead of loosing 10-20% of your laps, while your trying to warm your tires.

Not to mention often you wind up cold tearing your tires. Which is no good.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Most orgs don't allow you to pass on the 1st lap or 2. So, you're using that time to warm up your tires anyways.

Also, if you're a fakin' C to low B group rider a warmed up tire ain't gonna do you any good if you're not using the warmed up tires to it's full advantage. There's really no point, heat cycle or cold tear or not.

Use that money towards something better.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Most orgs don't allow you to pass on the 1st lap or 2. So, you're using that time to warm up your tires anyways.
Thank God none of the orgs I do track days with has this rule.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I think they do this because there were numerous of accidents on the first lap because the riders felt since their tires were warmed up using tire warmers they can take advantage of their tires 100% on the first lap. :crackup:

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Yea, have not heard that either. Maybe first lap.

Thinking the crashing riders were probably the ones with COLD Tires. Which kinda confirms the concept of tire warmers. :crackup:

Cause if they didn't work, why would EVERY SINGLE PRO Race Team everywhere in the WORLD use them. :retard:

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
You just proved my point D.A.! :retard::retard::retard:
:crackup:

ok, so you shouldn't use SS Brake Lines, or Steering Damper , or upgraded suspension or even Race tires... Because that's what the pros use. And since your slow you don't need to use them.?
Is that your claim..?

I totally can understand if someone says, " I am new to racing, should I go get a $15,000 motor upgrade first.., or $5000 Brembo SBK Rotors and Calipers..? "
YEa. That doesn't make much sense.

But, if someone says, " I want to get faster and WIN RACES, and not finish mid pack all the time, should i get Tire Warmers..?"

Then I would definitely say "YES"

Most of us here at the shop have raced for at least 10 years. And Won many races, and some championships. And NON of us did it without Tire warmers. It's just crazy.

Sure, if your slow, or you don't want to charge into turn one and try and win.
Maybe you don't need them. That's cool.

But, if one day you actually DO want to win, and you TRY really hard right from the start, like the rest of the world, and then wind up crashing out in the first lap, because you had cold tires.
Then you may say, "Hmm... Guess $399 for tire warmers would have been a lot less expensive then this $2000 crash, and $4000 hospital bill."

Telling someone that Tirewarmers are waste of money is right up there with saying race tires are waste of money. Sure, if your slow they are.

:retard:

·
Registered
2,880 Posts

ok, so you shouldn't use SS Brake Lines, or Steering Damper , or upgraded suspension or even Race tires... Because that's what the pros use. And since your slow you don't need to use them.?
Is that your claim..?

I totally can understand if someone says, " I am new to racing, should I go get a $15,000 motor upgrade first.., or $5000 Brembo SBK Rotors and Calipers..? "

But, if someone says, " I want to get faster and WIN RACES, and not finish mid pack all the time, should i get Tire Warmers..?"

Most of us here at the shop have raced for at least 10 years. And Won many races, and some championships. And NON of us did it without Tire warmers. It's just crazy.

But, if one day you actually DO want to win, and you TRY really hard right from the start, like the rest of the world, and then wind up crashing out in the first lap, because you had cold tires.
Then you may say, "Hmm... Guess $399 for tire warmers would have been a lot less expensive then this $2000 crash, and $4000 hospital bill."

Telling someone that Tirewarmers are waste of money is right up there with saying race tires are waste of money. Sure, if your slow they are.

:+1: but you only get a $4000 medical bill if your down in the good ol USofA ;)

I would just get a hot nurse and a horrible hospital dinner all for freeeeeee :cruising:

·
Registered
1,784 Posts

Is that your claim..?

:crackup: Re-read his original post.

:retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard::retard:

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Yea, we can only hope for some united healthcare, like you guys. A.

:banghead:

Well against what most Americans believe its one of the reasons I will never move back to the States.
Nationalized heathcare FTMFW!!
Best **** ever!!

Hell I could move to cuba and still have better healthcare then the states...

but ok enough whoring this thread....

Tire warmers FTW!! hehe:banger:

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Wait, this is a national healthcare thread now? hahah... anyways, I live in the USA and have GREAT freakin' healthcare including vision and dental, the whole shabam.. can't say the same for all the sheeple on welfare though I guess.

Oh yeah and Tire Warmers FTW!

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
thats usually only 1st session for the beginners that does something like that.
the advanced guys get free reign right from the start.

If your spending the money for supercorsas, I dont see a reason why you shouldnt be using warmers.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts