Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so this thread is to se how many of you people in this forum are like me and will most likely never take their bike to a track. Anyone else buy their bike for street only use as well. I know I know... FLame suit on.

·
Sweeper Warrior
1,442 Posts
Oh I dfinately want to go to the track. BUt I doubt I ever will.

don't worry Matt your not alone. i'll most likely not get out on the track till late next year! i ride as much as possible. full gear with a mostly deffensive driving attitude. how ever due to the fact i ride aggresive on the street's (certian areas that are suitable for it) i consider myself a squid. T.K.

·
07 TRACK SLAG!
6,618 Posts
Oh I dfinately want to go to the track. BUt I doubt I ever will.
i don't get it, if you want to go to a track then do it, there is nothing stopping you, its cheaper than alot of mods that we all spend our money on and you will have the best time ever. you will be hooked trust me

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to go but many of you will argue with me on this... I would much rather spend the money on mods than on a track day. Thats just me. The moe I am on thei forum I feel that my street riding only attitude is in the minority.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My huge chicken strips will tell you my bike has never been to the track and probably will never see a track as we currently do not have one here where I live.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
oh man everyone here swears to god they are fkin gp racers.....and they bought the bike for the track bla bla....jeez, dont get them started man, i bought mine to ride on the street, and since there is a track close by and its only 80 bucks now i go to the track also, but i bought the bike with only the intentions of riding on the street with friends. and no suits , jeans, helmet, t shirt and gloves, fk all the other stuff....so im a squid according to 600rr.net..lol

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wally I am with you... Depending on the weather I will wear my jacket. But I always wear jeans boots helmet and gloves. No doubt the track looks fun but I have no idea if there is one near me and I don't want to spend the money.

·
Registered
132 Posts
street for now, but, would like to hit the track...it's gonna depend on if i want to take the time for track prep...water wetter and taping things up are no biggie, but i understand there are quite a few bits and pieces that need to be safety wired...i guess i would have to get specifics and see how much hassle it would be...

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
street for now, but, would like to hit the track...it's gonna depend on if i want to take the time for track prep...water wetter and taping things up are no biggie, but i understand there are quite a few bits and pieces that need to be safety wired...i guess i would have to get specifics and see how much hassle it would be...

negative
very few tracks require that beginner level novice class bike be safety wired

although i did wire all the required parts of mine in about an hour.
water wetter is usually not necessary as well
blue tape on the headlights isnt hard

just go to the track, it costs less than most mods people do
everyone feels the need for a new pipe you can do multiple track days for the same price and be so much of a better rider

·
Registered
182 Posts
I see a few people saying that it costs less than some of the mods we put on our bikes. But one problem that I have (and I am sure others do to) is that I don't have the time to go to the track. I am an athlete and I am always doing something during the days of the week. While I would love to hit up a track, I simply can't put aside an entire day or two to do this.

·
Registered
937 Posts
i don't get it, if you want to go to a track then do it, there is nothing stopping you, its cheaper than alot of mods that we all spend our money on and you will have the best time ever. you will be hooked trust me
I think the biggest problem is that many of these guys don't have easy access to facilities. Not to mention that you have to have full gear ($$$) and solid rubber ($$$), and you have to PLAN ahead, which can be a HUGE hassle for people with busy lives.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought the bike for street use. Went to the track to have a few beginner lessons to refresh my cornering abilities, since it was 11 years ago that i had my last bike. The second beginner class had the last 2 sessions free-riding. OMFG, its addicting... After that i went a day free riding, was unfortunatly the last day of the season. Allready have some track days booked for next year, and will probably go a whole week in March. It's so much fun to drive on the limit, not to worry about speeding tickets or tickets for reckless driving. Can't wait for next season !!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
bought mine for street and was going to track a little, but then decided that I enjoyed stuntin more. Track is fun though cant wait till I have another bike that I can bring out

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought mine so i could enjoy it. Street or track.
People that buy bikes for street only don't bother me; I know a couple really good street riders (by really good I don't mean a canyon carver, I mean a really safe, sensible, able to sense imminent danger from a cager and handle his ****, riders).
The people that DO bother me are the ones that buy the bikes purely cuz they think it'll help them get chicks, or everyone will think they're cool. They end up being so busy trying to see if someone's looking at them and then they crash. Although they probably had it coming, no bike deserves that kind of treatment.

And to you guys that don't wear jackets... then why bother wearing gloves? helmets are required by law so you're screwed there.
But not trying to talk some sense into you or anything, but the #2 cause of death from motorcycle accidents is from bleeding out before the paramedics arrive because the rider isn't wearing gear. (#1 is head trauma).
search some pictures of road rash from motorcycle accidents and ask yourself if you really think it's worth it to risk it and end up that way one day.
YOU might be a good rider, but I think the next 16yr old girl talking on her cellphone couldn't care less about how good of a rider you are when she plows into you cause she isn't paying attention to the road.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts