Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,968 Posts
I started going bald at 19, started buzzing it as short as I could until I was 23, then started shaving it daily. I'm 27 now and honestly couldn't imagine having hair. I have a muscular build and solid beard, so thankfully being bald "works" for me. I do see guys with long hair and get jealous from time to time though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I started going bald at 19, started buzzing it as short as I could until I was 23, then started shaving it daily. I'm 27 now and honestly couldn't imagine having hair. I have a muscular build and solid beard, so thankfully being bald "works" for me. I do see guys with long hair and get jealous from time to time though.

I need to work on the muscular build AND the solid beard! Haha...
But I think I'm about to start shaving it close as well.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm 29, and my hair is thinning out too. Started reducing probably 2 - 3 years ago.

LoL, every time I go get a haircut, my barber offers me the "special" re-growth shampoo / conditioner. I turn it down every time, haha.

I don't shaved my hair, however I do keep my hair short. Short hair looks better than longer hair when you're losing it, IMO.

Btw, I rated this thread 5 stars because it touches my inner emotions! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
19, 23, 29 damn..

26 no issues. My right side temple are is a little thin always has been. Theres no way to notice it tho. My beards patch as **** tho as is my dads to this day.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I;ll be 28 in december and my hair touches my shoulder blades and its made up of long curls, and only took about 2 years to get this long from being short as **** on the other hand tho I can go for months without shaving and dont get much facial hair my dads facial hair was like mine til around 25-27

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm 29, and my hair is thinning out too. Started reducing probably 2 - 3 years ago.

LoL, every time I go get a haircut, my barber offers me the "special" re-growth shampoo / conditioner. I turn it down every time, haha.

I don't shaved my hair, however I do keep my hair short. Short hair looks better than longer hair when you're losing it, IMO.

Btw, I rated this thread 5 stars because it touches my inner emotions! :laugh:

I Lol @ the "re growth shampoo" as well. My girlfriends mom is a sales marketer for a company like that, what a sham.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
I still have snow on the mountain, but every year a little less... :-(

I guess I'll just look like the Air Bender some day... (kid Airbender! it is)

·
Registered
803 Posts
I still have snow on the mountain, but every year a little less... :-(

I guess I'll just look like the Air Bender some day... (kid Airbender! it is)
Please feel free to sprinkle any natural snow flakes my way, if you can...

·
Registered
567 Posts
I know that genetics definitely play a role in hair loss, but I'm wondering if environmental factors are causing individuals (men and women) to begin losing hair at an earlier age than their parents.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have more hair at 27 than my father and uncles, it's beginning to gray but that's a different problem; folicles are running out of pigment.
I'm assuming you are referring to when they were also 27? That is interesting, are your environmental factors the same? Diet? etc

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,968 Posts
I'm assuming you are referring to when they were also 27? That is interesting, are your environmental factors the same? Diet? etc

There is zero way to tell that. Even if their environmental factors were close, there are a million more chemicals in our body now than what his father and uncle had at their age that most consumers are unaware of. I don't think environment plays a large role though. I have the same hair as my fathers side of the family. He has more than I do (it's been about 10 years since I've seen him though) but his father and I have the same pattern - bald on top except for a little patch at the front. I like shaving my head, it's super nice when there is a cool breeze.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
Yes, that's correct but to answer your question: No: by my age my father had been married and divorced twice, and still believes that someone's diet isn't very important as long as they're eating...same goes for vacations/taking a break; he's more of a workaholic than I am.

·
Registered
567 Posts
There is zero way to tell that. Even if their environmental factors were close, there are a million more chemicals in our body now than what his father and uncle had at their age that most consumers are unaware of. I don't think environment plays a large role though. I have the same hair as my fathers side of the family. He has more than I do (it's been about 10 years since I've seen him though) but his father and I have the same pattern - bald on top except for a little patch at the front. I like shaving my head, it's super nice when there is a cool breeze.

Environmental factors as in surrounding, stresses (physical, mental) and the like, such as given below.

Yes, that's correct but to answer your question: No: by my age my father had been married and divorced twice, and still believes that someone's diet isn't very important as long as they're eating...same goes for vacations/taking a break; he's more of a workaholic than I am.
Am I correct in assuming (based on your reply) that you are more health conscious then, at least diet wise?

Sorry if my questions seem invasive, you don't have to answer, this topic just interests me, and there is a lot of conflicting research.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
Environmental factors as in surrounding, stresses (physical, mental) and the like, such as given below.

Am I correct in assuming (based on your reply) that you are more health conscious then, at least diet wise?

Sorry if my questions seem invasive, you don't have to answer, this topic just interests me, and there is a lot of conflicting research.
Not really more health conscious...if anything I'd say I'm just a little bit better at managing stress.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Do you think diet and stress factors in as well when you have the gene?

My dad started balding early 20's as well, but his dad had a full head of hair until he passed away at 80. Everyone else on both sides of my family has a full head of hair as well.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts