Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is not very loud like the TOCE but it was convenient as the Honda Dealer will only order this one for me, he refused to order the TOCE (1/2 the price and much louder).

I took the silencer out and it doesn't seem that loud to me but it does sound much better than the stock standard exhaust.

Think i will order TOCE online and get it the way i want --> LOUD !!!!

I feel angry i spent $1300 (exhaust + installation cost) for the akrapovic :( I'm so disappointed actually.

EDIT: the mechanic told me if i want it loud i have to rev the engine unfortunately i do not ride like that so i will never ever get to hear her open up and scream at me lol.

187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why everyone want loud exhaust ? Is cool but u gonna get bored of it. Go for performing not sound.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Since you mentioned performance - holy crap it does seem to be a lot faster than before when i ride her a bit harder.

Oh i'm an old fart i do not have the skill to show off that's why i need her to be loud to compensate for the lack of my riding skill :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Since you mentioned performance - holy crap it does seem to be a lot faster than before when i ride her a bit harder.

Oh i'm an old fart i do not have the skill to show off that's why i need her to be loud to compensate for the lack of my riding skill :)

Did u get a slip on? My guess is yes huh? But damn they charge 1300$? I order mine for $750. Install it urself and save that money -). But no... You don't need loud exhaust lol. If you are here in Cali, riding with loud exhaust will get u a ticket

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it's a slip on and I'm in Oz land :( $1170 for the exhaust the rest for fitment.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
I have a yoshimura RS-5 Carbon fiber slip on and while I would not classify it as loud it can still make my ears ring after a ride ( yes I'm going to start wearing ear plugs before I get jumped on ) and thats with just riding around at 7-8K not even really pinning it for long periods of time. Loud exhaust get old after awhile. I prefer how it sounds over how loud it is. The bike had this exhaust on it when I bought it and I do like it, its louder then the Micron pipe I had on my 05. Ive built a few Mustangs over the years and at one point all I wanted was loud loud loud but it gets old quick. I love how my Youshi sounds but it also reverberates inside my helmet so ear plugs are a must.

187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just saw on REVZILLA same exhaust for only $891.80 AUD + shipping + handling probably will come to about just about under $999 i guess my Honda Dealer must make a profit for himself.

This is one of the reasons why i must buy metric tools to save money in the long run but my bike is under warranty so i have to pay higher to maintain protection with warranty.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Do you? Maybe Ozland is different but over here you only have to be able to show that the bike has been maintained in accordance with the manufacturers schedule in order to keep your warranty.

you could do it yourself and keep a log of the maintenance done and receipts for parts fitted i.e. oil, filter etc.

What do you anticipate may fail during the warranty period? these things are pretty bullet proof.

I find that loud gets tiresome quick on the RR. Maybe it's due to the underseat pipe being closer to my ears, but I've had both a Micron and a Leo Vince fitted and found them both too intrusive. I find the stock silencer much more enjoyable as I can hear the airbox scream at higher revs but don't have that noise all the time.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
To be honest, part of me was disappointed when I got rid of my two brothers as it was a very nice and loud sounding exhaust. However the loudness soon attracted the wrong sort of attention and could get a bit annoying on highway rides.

Got the Akrapovic and yes it was very quiet in comparison, however the quality was far superior to the TB.
Changed the Akrapovic to a full system and it go noticeably louder and more raw. Very happy now, not too obnoxious but loud enough to get the girlies wet.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Many members here LOVE there Akra and pimp for them any chance they get. I wanted a louder pipe with a distinctive sound, but i didn't want to skimp on looks and quality. So for me it was an easy choice. Leo Vince SBK carbon. I love love love love it! Its got an amazing sound quality and is loud when you remove the insert and it goes in and comes out very easily when you want to shut it up for a bit! I keep the insert next to my passenger seat and can add or remove both depending on how i feel that day!

But the quality of the Akra is amazing, i just didn't care for the looks personally.

·
BOTM Winner 03/14
2,497 Posts
However the loudness soon attracted the wrong sort of attention and could get a bit annoying on highway rides.

This is why I don't want the two bros.

But the quality of the Akra is amazing, i just didn't care for the looks personally.

Really! You don't like the look. Your entitled to your option but I think it's one if the nicest out there. I'm in the middle of selling my two brothers so I can get an Akra.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I guess this was asked in the 2nd post, but why would you want it loud? After riding a bit it gets annoying. On the track, I think there's someone behind me, then realize it's just me. I have an Akra + baffle to help reduce it.

On another note, what voids warranty? Slip-ons are ok?

You should seriously consider doing work on your own bike. If not for saving money, then for the satisfaction of knowing it was done right and you learn something new about your bike. There are so many write-ups on this forum, that most of the questions have been asked and answered.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I guess this was asked in the 2nd post, but why would you want it loud? After riding a bit it gets annoying. On the track, I think there's someone behind me, then realize it's just me. I have an Akra + baffle to help reduce it.

On another note, what voids warranty? Slip-ons are ok?

You should seriously consider doing work on your own bike. If not for saving money, then for the satisfaction of knowing it was done right and you learn something new about your bike. There are so many write-ups on this forum, that most of the questions have been asked and answered.
I agree 100%. Nothing feels better than doing it yourself

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
186 Posts
I too find my Akra a little on the quiet side but the thing just oozes quality. Great product with the benefit of performance.

After hearing AF's Akra Full system... I'm on the hunt for one!!! lol.
Ask the op to sell you that one maybe? Can't hurt. Or I'm looking at them also and the cheapest I can find is mottomummy. Inless you know somewhere cheaper

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 39 Posts