Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Are you in favor of the recently proposed government rebate checks?

• Yes

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
i don't know enough about it to make a decision.

would i mind getting a nice little bump? Sure! who would...?! but at what expense? all this money i'm SURE will go straight in to the banks' Accounts Receivable instead of personal checking... i know it will for me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i like it anytime Uncle Sam wants to give me money...i don't think it is the fix for the problem though...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Can you say "Track Days"

·
Registered
301 Posts
These "rebate checks" are a mere drop in the pond, and will do little to solve our economy woes. As the Donald said on Larry King the other night, the money used to pay for these checks will likely be borrowed from China, and will be used to purchase Chinese made goods.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Free Money? Ahhhh Yeah!

Jason

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
seems like too little too late, lewis black talks about this kind of thing in one of his skits, i'm sure you can find it on youtube lemme go check

·
Registered
301 Posts
Free Money? Ahhhh Yeah!

Jason

Uh, Jason, where do you think this "free money" comes from? What repercussions do you think this "free money" will have in the future, especially since our monetary and economic policy in general is taking a downturn?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
If they had a surplus of tax money coming in I could see giving back the extra, but I can't support digging the defecit deeper. What is $600 really going to do anyway? That's less than half of one of my paychecks. That's not going to get people to buy houses, out of debt, etc.

I predict an increase in consumer spending around May-June & then right back to the same old. Just like freezing the variable APR's, it's only prolonging the inevitable.

When I give away between $4-500 per paycheck in income taxes I'd prefer permanent tax breaks rather than a single $600 check when the Fed's determine I need it. And yes, I'm going to vote for Paul next Tuesday.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The proposed rebates are receiving bi-partisan support. In fact, in debate last night, most of the Republican candidates recommended larger rebate checks.

We have a country burdened by credit card debt and a government that operates the same way.

K

·
0 Posts
it's bad enough we overspend on pencils... no need to send a rebate so that the american people can be that much closer out of personal debt.

now if only the government would see it our way. get people out of debt, then lets settle our worldwide debt...

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I like free money but isnt giving it to nearly every one just going to make the dollar worth less?

·
Registered
888 Posts
It's my money in the first place. It's stolen from me every two weeks.

·
knights of cydonia
549 Posts
This is a dumbass idea all together. It would be great if the dollar wasn't declining, the economy was growing, and we didn't have this massive deficit. There's no such thing as free money and we'll have our wake up economic lesson again come shortly. Does anybody even care where this money is coming from? What about the fact that the value of the money you have will decline even more as the result of printing or borrowing this next handout? Don't worry you'll reap the benefits of this plan on your next RR purchase.....or any imported goods for that matter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts