Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only have the bike for 15 days and have only put on it 25 kms.

This evening, I decided to take out the lower fairings so that I can bring them to the body shop to get them painted the color of my bike. To my dismay, my left lower fairing is cracked in the back where the kickstand is!

I sure hell don't remember running over a huge brick or some obstacle on the road. And there's no reason for me to kick my bike. I noticed that there is one bolt/clip missing that is supposed to be in the back. I kinda faintly remember seeing a small crack, which I thought was just dirt, in that area when I picked up my bike from the dealership.

What options do I have? Glue it back together? Go back to the dealership?? Argh!

On a side note, also on the left side,

Is that normal? What are those hoses that end right there? :?:

·
Registered
931 Posts
well that sux man sorrry to hear that. those hoses are your drain tubes. everyone has them. if they are in a differnt spot or somethign i dunno. id have to check. but did you buiy the bike new or used. that def makes a dif. abotu the cracked fairing. and id take it to the dealer and b liek yo, wtf is this shiznit! you enver showed me this. givce em hell. good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
yeah those hoses are supposed to be like that. i think its for fuel overflow or some chit.

Hoss, i can't even imagine how those damn pieces got that broke up. should just pop right off dude.

i would atleast go back to the dealership and see if anybody has anything to say atleast.

the only other option you have is to buy new ones or check ebay for some used ones. your painting them anyway hoss!!

good luck though!!

bernie

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but did you buiy the bike new or used
New...hence 25 km only on the odometer.

tckn19s said:
yeah those hoses are supposed to be like that. i think its for fuel overflow or some chit.
OK, just had to make sure. You can tell I'm not mechanically inclined in bikes.

Hoss, i can't even imagine how those damn pieces got that broke up. should just pop right off dude.
They did pop right off easily. Put very little effort in it in removing them.

i would atleast go back to the dealership and see if anybody has anything to say atleast.
That's what I'm thinking of doing.

the only other option you have is to buy new ones or check ebay for some used ones. your painting them anyway hoss!!
That's what I want to avoid, spending more money.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Go right back to the dealer and raise hell. If they try to say you did it or damaged the bike somehow, show them the rest of the bike as proof that you did not do it.

It would be very unlikely for you to cause that kind of damage without hurting any other part of the bike on that side. Somehow, it was damaged in transport or during assembly.

·
Registered
569 Posts
most dealers usually ride the bike for 1 or 2 miles before they deliver to ya... (just to make sure nothing falls off when you get out of the dealer's lot) .. normal procedure .. i think... so they could have done the damage themselves.. what was the odometer reading when you pick up the bike?? whether or not it had some mileage, i'd go back to the dealer and ask for a replacement part... that's my 2 cents. 96snake's got a good point about transport and assembly damage too.... hoses are overflow but i only got one hose (radiator water) on mine.. (mine is an '03) .. the other 2 might be for oil and fuel.. makes me wonder where my fuel and oil overflow are located ... :roll: keep it upright all.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
e^2(PI)i said:
so they could have done the damage themselves.. what was the odometer reading when you pick up the bike?? whether or not it had some mileage, i'd go back to the
I didn't check before I left the lot. But I did check when I got to my place: 12.6 km. I'm gonna trace the path tomorrow from my place to the dealership when I go there to bitch and take note of the distance.

dealer and ask for a replacement part... that's my 2 cents.
Well, how the heck would I be able do damage like that? Lowside right? Or purposely kick the heck out of that area. Don't know, I'm gonan tell them there's no way I could have done damage like that seeing how my bike has not seen the ground. They're free to come by my house and take a look at the condition of the bike if they want.

Even if the bike is at a stand still and it falls on its side, ie left, there's no way the lower fairing can crack like that can it?

btw, I put on my intuitive frame sliders right after when I got back to my place with the bike.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I bought mine and it had some damage to the upper fairing from the shipper to the dealer. Luckily I showed it to them before I left the dealer. They ordered up a new fairing under warranty and will install it free, again under warranty.

You are in a worse position in that you've HAD the bike now for 2 weeks. They can make the argument that you did it. Its yoru word against theirs. Only how much of a stink you put up and how willing they are to have good customer service will determine if you get a new fairing peice, IMO.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
faygo92 said:
you said YOU only put 25 km on it, didnt say it only had 25KM on it. but anyway. that sux. good luck
Well, it's 25 km TOTAL right now on the odo. It was at 12.6 km on the odo when I got to my house from the dealership.

You are in a worse position in that you've HAD the bike now for 2 weeks. They can make the argument that you did it. Its yoru word against theirs. Only how much of a stink you put up and how willing they are to have good customer service will determine if you get a new fairing peice, IMO.
I guess I'll see what's goin to happen today :(

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:(

Went to the dealership and talked to the sales manager and he said they can't warrantied it. Best they can do is 10% off the retail price ($127 CAD). I didn't raise hell with them though, was just being polite.

Told him I'll get back to him. But I'm just gonna get a used one from somewhere (eBay?).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Seks said:
Went to the dealership and talked to the sales manager and he said they can't warrantied it. Best they can do is 10% off the retail price ($127 CAD). I didn't raise hell with them though, was just being polite.
Maybe you should have raised hell if this was really their fault. By offering you 10% off retail he was basically saying to you, "it's your fault and now I'm going to try to make some more money from you". Ten percent off retail is a nice profit for him.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not gonna do business there anymore.

I heard that I can get those pieces in fiberglass? Where from?

Why did Honda go with a flimsy plastic anyhow for those fairings?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts