Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got an Arrow Indy Race slip on for my '12 RR & the mid-pipe has major issues. Basically with everything mounted up correctly the bend of the mid-pipe before it enters the can is firmly pressed against the plastic battery tray. Pic of the problem:

With everything loosely mounted I can slip it all around until there is a proper routing of the mid pipe but then it is not firmly seated all the way into the can inlet. It's actually almost falling out. I thought it might have been a wrong or problem mid pipe but my vendor got Arrow to send me another one & it's just the same. Here's a couple videos showing the problem in detail. Anyone here encounter this?

http://s648.photobucket.com/user/grahluk/media/Arrow600rr/Arrow600RR-1_zpsbaa40f14.mp4.html

http://s648.photobucket.com/user/grahluk/media/Arrow600rr/Arrow600RR-2_zps2b8d32fa.mp4.html

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I didn't forget... I am still waiting from Arrow the new clamp, I emailed them as no news for two weeks and customer service answered me saying they had some problems and they will ship by this week.
Next week I think I will call. As you know I found same your issue in video2, but the one of video1 is not on my pipe (but I have a 2013 so maybe something has been changed).

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mine was touching when I first installed it, actually started melting my battery tray without me realizing it at first.

I was able to loosen everything up and rotate it to get about 1/8" clearance and I added some heat shielding in there (along with putting the stock heat shield back after trimming it)

Reactions: PdubRR

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
with full Arrow system on my 09 it was about 1/2+"from battery tray - I had to loosen midpipe and pull it back and a little rotating of the midpipe /can to get that clearance. can sits straight and centered.

I put some heat shield stuff on Batt tray, and no problem for 30+k miles.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for your input. Shame it doesn't route better. The Yoshimura RS-5 that was on there before fit together and was spaced perfectly.
I'll try playing with it one more time. but as you can see from the video there's no way to have
a) can centered in it's bracket.
b) mid pipe fully inserted into can.
c) space between midpipe & battery tray.

I can have out of three but not all three.

April's BOTM winner has the same exhaust but his looks much much better.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bend your midpipe to cat join a bit, and it will move all back to get clearance?
What would really work is if the midpipe was about 3/4" longer after the last bend. It would fit perfectly then. Re bending it as as it is would be good too but isn't that what I paid for a slip on for? Not happy with Arrow on this one. I know Arrow makes great products and supports top level racing but the Yoshimura RS-5 for my 600RR is a much better executed effort.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
What would really work is if the midpipe was about 3/4" longer after the last bend. It would fit perfectly then. Re bending it as as it is would be good too but isn't that what I paid for a slip on for? Not happy with Arrow on this one. I know Arrow makes great products and supports top level racing but the Yoshimura RS-5 for my 600RR is a much better executed effort.
I agree! I am still waiting since more than a month for a clamp :(

·
Registered
204 Posts
I agree! I am still waiting since more than a month for a clamp :(
My clamp for the header to midpipe broke the day I tried to install it (my fault for some reason I thought the clamp worked differently and managed to break the weld off lol)

But yeah I have been in contact a few times to try to get a replacement and a new spring (that got lost when I moved) but yeah have heard nothing.

I saw somewhere they said it must be ordered through one of the vendors but never have had one say they could do it.

It's not ideal but I just clamped it down with a good t-bolt style instead (would work better if it was an expandable style pipe with slits in it)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
An update: the shop where I bought the Arrow received the new clamp but.... they sent me exactly the one included in the Exhaust kit (about 50 mm of diameter) so useless... :banghead:

Emailed them again... let's wait! :(

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Thats odd because mine fit without a single problem. It actually fit better than my Akrapovic (marginally).

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up sending it all back. Shame as it's a nice can. I went for it because I like how the end cap tapers down so if you fit a brake light into the tail more of it would be visible. I think I found part of the problem as I was packing it up to ship. Both mid pipes were identical & had the correct part # for my bike. The part # of the can was correct on the box but I noticed the blue tag that was ob the can said it was for the 2007. Anyone think there's a difference between the 2007-08 can & the 2009-2012?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Thats odd because mine fit without a single problem. It actually fit better than my Akrapovic (marginally).
I am riding even if the spring is not installed in the right way, but if I spent so many money I need a solution from them.
In my opinion there is something wrong with the 2013 kit.
I do not want to change it because it sounds amazing and also I really like it.

I hope to have good news soon :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
off topic but where did you get the exhaust from and how much?

Feel free to pm me

·
Registered
204 Posts
An update: the shop where I bought the Arrow received the new clamp but.... they sent me exactly the one included in the Exhaust kit (about 50 mm of diameter) so useless... :banghead:

Emailed them again... let's wait! :(
Is the clamp you got the one that holds the midpipe to the header via spring?

If so and you don't need it could I get that from you? lol

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Is the clamp you got the one that holds the midpipe to the header via spring?

If so and you don't need it could I get that from you? lol
yes it is that one, let's see if they want it back via dealer; if not, for sure I can send it to you but I think it will cost more the shipment than getting it brand new form a local dealer :retard:

·
Registered
204 Posts
yes it is that one, let's see if they want it back via dealer; if not, for sure I can send it to you but I think it will cost more the shipment than getting it brand new form a local dealer :retard:

I've tried asking a couple of Arrow dealers about it but none of them would ever write me back about it. So I basically gave up and kept my bo-bo method for the time being lol.

(a cheap bubble wrap envelope 1st class USPS wouldn't cost much I imagine)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Okay man. Really no problem if they leave it to me. Tomorrow I will check the postal office website for a quote from Italy to USA, sorry but never sent something.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Ahhh I didn't even notice you were in Italy at first, worth a quote at least if they don't want it.

I'll message you some info for a more accurate quote.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts