Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm pulling through the gate of my storage unit, where alot of people keep their bikes, a man and wife on a GOLDWING roll up and ask, "Hey nice bike!" Since I just finished cleanin the rims, I smile and say, "Thanks." The woman then asks in all seriousness.... is that the new Honda SILVERWING?

You all know what the SILVERWING is right??? Here's your sign....

V

·
0 Posts
Buahahahhaha! I could only wish my RR was half of the bike that the Silverwing is..

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
HAHAHAHA thats some funny ish, give em a break they are old. :mrgreen:

from that top pic, the front end kinda resembles a gxer 1000 with the one headlight.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Ahhh, cut her some slack, she was probably just trying to be friendly.

Most people that ride cruisers/tourers that have no experieince or interest in riding sport bikes probably find them all to look about the same........much like people that only ride sport bikes and have no interest in cruisers/tourers usually can't tell the difference from one to the other. ;-)

·
Registered
20 Posts
On the other side of the coin I did not even know what a silverwing was. Someone could ask me anything they wanted on an RR or most other sportbikes.

C

·
0 Posts
I've heard that the Silverwing can beat a Porsche Boxer off the line... :roll:

·
Registered
881 Posts
She's old, at least she kept in the Honda Family.

Imagine you had a VTX and that's the bike you wanted. Someone pulls up and ask "That's a nice Harley, how big's the motor?" Same thing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did the same thing with a Harley owner once. He had a Fat Boy, and I asked him "hey is that the new Sportster?" He just drove off. lol

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
I would think she might have been being sarcastic...I would have had to see the look on her face as she said something like that.

Reminds me of my front door neighbor. Everytime I'm out washing my bike he comes out and gloats about his Harley V-Rod.

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
I just have one doubt...

Uppon cornering... would I need some knee sliders?!?!?

HAhahahahah :mrgreen:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts