Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
made some ridiculous interstate pulls on it it will go a true 200mph by the time your normal busa will get to 140mph....**** is so fast i can't get the grin off my face
Quote from the guy with the bike. I no something that will get that grin off his face at about 200 mph. A guardrail. Like seriously WHAT is the need to go this fast? Survival of the fittest and we sure as hell can see he wont be fitting together much longer.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
I would love to own that beautiful machine.

That thing is gorgeous.

To those who wonder why there is a need to go that fast.... Why do people pump up Supras and Vipers to over 1000hp ??? Because you can. Power is wonderful.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imo, that's one of the better looking busas. I wouldnt mind owning one of those. I remember when I first got my 600rr I thought nothing could be faster than this...then I rode 1000s and realized I was wrong. Now this?? lol. My bike still makes me scream like a little girl sometimes....I cant imagine what that busa would do.

·
Registered
753 Posts
To those who wonder why there is a need to go that fast.... Why do people pump up Supras and Vipers to over 1000hp ??? Because you can. Power is wonderful.
You just proved the point that there is no "need". Because you can isn't a need, it's some unresolved interpersonal issue that makes you think more of yourself if you own such a fast vehicle. Unless you're a professional drag racer, that bike is too much.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
You just proved the point that there is no "need". Because you can isn't a need, it's some unresolved interpersonal issue that makes you think more of yourself if you own such a fast vehicle. Unless you're a professional drag racer, that bike is too much.
Actually, if you really want to go that fast... you NEED that much horsepower. Different strokes for different folks. Some people enjoy setting land speed records others like going around a track.

Since when did what he "needed" become important? To some people having the biggest/baddest toy on the block is important, others not so much. So long as it's your money and your hobby... do whatever the hell you want. If you're not endangering others and preventing people from doing their own thing more power to you.

On that note... when you ditching the 600rr for a pedal bike? You don't NEED an engine, human body is more than capable on its own.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
ok, I'll change it around for you. Exchange "need" with "want" so ha.

So I guess all those exotic cars are pointless cause no one should go that fast unless they race professionally. Give me a break.

Oh yeah I guess those people that own 1000cc bikes shouldn't own them either if they aren't professional racers like Rossi.

:bootyshak

·
Registered
451 Posts
Rediculous....

No one.

Not even Ricky Gadson will ever drive that to it's full potential.

That seat appears to be modded as well but it's gotta go in favor of something that will hold you in better... like this one!

·
Registered
753 Posts
So I guess all those exotic cars are pointless cause no one should go that fast unless they race professionally. Give me a break.
Well... it certainly is a waste, wouldn't you agree? What's the point of having a fast vehicle if you don't use it to it's potential? You're going to want to unlock that potential, and if you're not on a track, that means you're probably doing it in an unsafe manner.. not smart.

I guess it all comes down to opinion, but I can't see dumping hundreds of thousands of dollars into a vehicle, on top of countless hours of hard work. What would I get out of all that? Just the ability to say I have a car like that? Or to be able to take it to the strip every month and kick ass? Or to be irresponsible with it, and show off? Sorry, not flipping my cookie, and not worth the money. Call me crazy, but I'd invest that money and my hard work into a house before a vehicle any day, and if I had a great house, I'd probably just plain invest that money.

On that note... when you ditching the 600rr for a pedal bike? You don't NEED an engine, human body is more than capable on its own.
Hilarious. You should consider quitting McDonalds and pursuing a career in stand-up.. you'd certainly go places. A human body is not an adequate "engine" for back road twisty carving.. I use my bike almost exclusively for entertainment, not transportation. For that, an RR might be a little unnecessary, but a bicycle wouldn't be enough.

And I have thought about selling my RR a few times.. I could use the money, but financially it wouldn't be a wise decision, since I wouldn't get a lot of money for it.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I cant beleive I'm going to type this....but.....
I actually like that BOOSA.
That is done actually pretty tastefully, ppl shouldn't be hatin'
One of the few modded BOOSAs that isn't one big chrome eyesore.
And of course that thing wont handle great, they already dont from the factory, duh
That thing is purpose built for a drag strip, I dont think he's worried about leaning.
Some ppl's reasoning is just absolutely hilarious

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well... it certainly is a waste, wouldn't you agree? What's the point of having a fast vehicle if you don't use it to it's potential? You're going to want to unlock that potential, and if you're not on a track, that means you're probably doing it in an unsafe manner.. not smart.

I guess it all comes down to opinion, but I can't see dumping hundreds of thousands of dollars into a vehicle, on top of countless hours of hard work. What would I get out of all that? Just the ability to say I have a car like that? Or to be able to take it to the strip every month and kick ass? Or to be irresponsible with it, and show off? Sorry, not flipping my cookie, and not worth the money. Call me crazy, but I'd invest that money and my hard work into a house before a vehicle any day, and if I had a great house, I'd probably just plain invest that money.

Hilarious. You should consider quitting McDonalds and pursuing a career in stand-up.. you'd certainly go places. A human body is not an adequate "engine" for back road twisty carving.. I use my bike almost exclusively for entertainment, not transportation. For that, an RR might be a little unnecessary, but a bicycle wouldn't be enough.

And I have thought about selling my RR a few times.. I could use the money, but financially it wouldn't be a wise decision, since I wouldn't get a lot of money for it.
Unnecessary personal attack, especially since you don't know pbeau at all. Not to mention you have no idea what he does for a living.... You also state that you thought about selling your RR because you could use the money. I would be willing to bet that Mr. Pbeau is more successful then you.

Mr. Pbeau was merely stating is was a matter of needs and wants. In your 'well thought out' rebuttle you indicated that you WANT to ride the twisties. You don't NEED to ride the twisties, therefore your peddle bike would do just fine for entertainment purposes.

Also, there is nothing wrong with working at McDonalds, somebody has to do it. Additionally, its a great way to earn money. If you send me your address I'll mail you an application, then you won't have to sell the RR.

Not trying to be a jerk, just hate seeing a silly personal attack.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Wow, a Busa I like? Who would have thunk it?

Whats with all the hating going on here? The owner built his bike because he can. Does it hurt you? No, so move the fvck on! Its called the pursuit of happiness fvcktard and its one of our inalienable rights. Whatever puts a smile on your face that doesn't hurt others is ok in my book.

End rant

1 - 20 of 36 Posts