Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright,
I like 600cc sportbikes and 600rr to be exact but there's just this one bike I wouldn't mind riding (more like I'd LOVE to have one) but I don't know much about them. I figure, CBR600rr owners have high expectations from a bike so why not ask it here. I know it's not a hardcore racing inspired supersport but your opinion still counts. It looks like a very good option since it's affordable, high mpg, lower insurance. It also looks BEAUTIFUL to me.

What say you?!

Here's what I'm talking about: Buell XB9R (I'm looking at 2003 model. I found one for 5k. It has 5k miles on it and perfect condition)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I ride my girls Buell Lightning XB-9 once in a while. Lots of torque, so its fun to wheelie. It could never hang with an RR though.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The Buell is an excellent bike. The determining factor is probably how mechanically inclined you are. The Honda will require almost zero maintenance (other than oil changes). Unfortunately Harley has a reputation for being unreliable. I was actually considering those two bikes and went with the Honda just because i didnt want to mess with anything. Of course i ended up modding the hell out of the Honda anyway.........

·
Registered
498 Posts
i have ridden with one and from behind they look like a bike just to have fun with.
almost a toy bike. i would love to have one.
the guy who owns it also has a r6 and he tracks the r6 and takes the buell on the road.
he has an awquard riding style when he rides the buell its like motard and sport mixxed like i said just seems like it would be a fun bike to own

·
Registered
333 Posts
Bizzare beautifle things that hanlde and even go. They run on evil belts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Look cool. Dog slow, even the 12R. 7500rpm redline. Air cooled, ancient engine. Handles weirdly. Over priced. But oddly enough, i wouldn't mind having one. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Really cool bikes. I've ridden a couple and I love them. You aren't going to get the outright performance of the RR obviously but definitely cool bikes. I would recommend looking into the 12R though. Even that makes less power than the 600RR but has lots of torque.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wouldnt buy anything harley makes. My friend says his shakes alot and cant keep up with sport bikes. Sure it has torque but so does a sv650 or a 600rr after a sprocket change.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
i kept trying to get my ex to get one so i can ride it hahahah i love that bike as well

·
Registered
500 Posts
Look cool. Dog slow, even the 12R. 7500rpm redline. Air cooled, ancient engine. Handles weirdly. Over priced. But oddly enough, i wouldn't mind having one. Go figure.
exact same way i feel. infact i was working on a deal at the local harley/buell dealership before i bought my 600RR in 8/06. price was agreed on and i finished everything with finance. one small thing didnt go my way so i turned down the deal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In my case it's good that it doesn't "go"
Not looking to race 600cc's guys :) just looking for a commuter that looks sporty. Not just sporty, beautiful IMO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts