4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - started a new thread for Assen

Rossi - crashed - went to the hospital - looks to be ok... no other report

C

·
0 Posts
Or here: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showpost.php?p=691177&postcount=20

The assen race is looking like it's going to be a real nice race for the Americans again. Nicky top in points with Rossi, Caparossi, Melandri injured. Sete out. So far Colin and Kenny Jr are on top of the pratice (making a Checa-Stoner sandwich I might add) Nicky is testing out a new transmission that might help him on this track. Also the fact that the track has changed and they shortened it by 19 seconds, so nobody has an advantage, they all get toride on the new layout for the first time.

Too bad I'll be fly fishing all weekend :( Thank gawd for Tivo! This race will turn out to be, "a cracking good race!"

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Hayden testing out a new tranny may not be an advantage. My impression from a Nicky (and crew) quote is that it's a crap shoot with the new tranny, and that it'll also be a new chassis set-up. I don't know what all of that means in specifics, but Nicky called it a "curve ball they'll have to to hit." That doesn't sound good to me. I like it when people say, "It's a nice pitch right down the middle for me to smack," comment.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
sooperman12 said:
I like it when people say, "It's a nice pitch right down the middle for me to smack," comment.

LOL I dont think Ive ever heard anyone say that before.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
CE on the new chassis; I think we better keep an eye on him. He was stronger than Rossi on the cruddy chassis, now he's got one race on the new one. It's good to see him running strong.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
i hope CE puts on a a great show for us tomorrow & i'll be praying for a miracle & hope Rossi finishes ahead of the Kid.

·
Registered
596 Posts
OveRReV said:
i hope CE puts on a a great show for us tomorrow & i'll be praying for a miracle & hope Rossi finishes ahead of the Kid.
I like to pray too (thought not for motorcycle races). It will truly be divine intervention if Vale is even competitive tomorrow, based on how he looked today...

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
How did Rossi look today? Did he look bad? Hairline fractures suck because they're not complete breaks but hurt just the same. You just have to wait until they heal. I hope he doesn't ride on it and cause an accident. One piercing pain can cause him to lose focus for a second and it's over.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Hopkins. It be a nice change of pace for Hopkins to take it. Hopefully the Suz can keep up with the big dogs. Dude, Nakano is really picking it up! The last three races I think he's started near the front of the grid each time. Nicky has gotten faster and faster every time out, shaving seconds off his time, moved from 13th, to 10th, to 2nd... and qualifies 4th. He's getting stronger and the bike's probably getting better! Dang, how about Melandri starting in the third row? Rossi is back of the pack. I hope he pulls out. He's endangering other riders. If he finishes back there, is it really worth the 1 pt?

C

·
0 Posts
Dutch TT: Free Practice Three
Edwards From Hayden At Assen
by toby hirst
Friday, June 23, 2006
Pos.RiderTeamBikeTime

1Colin EdwardsCamel Yamaha TeamYamaha YZR-M11:37.215

2Nicky HaydenRepsol Honda TeamHonda RC211V1:37.405

3Randy De PunietKawasaki Racing TeamKawasaki Ninja ZX-RR1:37.471

4Casey StonerHonda LCRHonda RC211V1:37.661

5Shinya NakanoKawasaki Racing TeamKawasaki Ninja ZX-RR1:37.953

6Dani PedrosaRepsol Honda TeamHonda RC211V1:37.977

7Makoto TamadaKonica Minolta HondaHonda RC211V 1:37.993

8John HopkinsRizla Suzuki MotoGPSuzuki GSV-R1:38.124

9Kenny Roberts Jnr.Team RobertsKR211V1:38.133

10Chris VermeulenRizla Suzuki MotoGPSuzuki GSV-R1:38.279

11Marco MelandriFortuna HondaHonda RC211V1:38.331

12Carlos ChecaTech 3 YamahaYamaha YZR-M11:38.444

13James EllisonTech 3 YamahaYamaha YZR-M11:38.466

14Alex HofmannTeam D'Antin PramacDucati Desmosedici GP-61:38.811

15Loris CapirossiDucati Marlboro TeamDucati Desmosedici GP-61:39.385

16Jose Luis CardosoTeam D'Antin PramacDucati Desmosedici GP-61:39.626

17Ivan SilvaTeam D'Antin PramacDucati Desmosedici GP-61:40.107

18Valentino RossiCamel Yamaha TeamYamaha YZR-M11:58.614

Colin Edwards was again fastest at the Circuit Van Drenthe in Holland this morning, leading fellow American Nick Hayden home, the Texas Tornado heading the Kentucky kid by 0.190 seconds.

Kawasaki's Randy de Puniet was a further 0.066 seconds back of Hayden in third, with class rookie Casey Stoner in fourth and Shinya Nakano placed the second Ninja machine inside the top five.

Valentino Rossi ran only four laps, the Italian not in the best of health following his crash yesterday morning. Loris Capirossi is clearly not happy either, and the same can be said of Marco Melandri, both riders languishing down the order, clearly still suffering from the injuries they sustained in Barcelona.

As to whether the injured riders can complete a full race distance is unclear, but it doesn't look good, certainly for Capirossi who looks to be struggling with the power of the Desmosedici V4; the works Ducati pilot is two seconds in arrears of Edwards.

Dutch TT: Qualifying Times From Assen
Hopkins Takes Pole For Suzuki
by toby hirst
Friday, June 23, 2006

Pos. Rider Team Bike Time
1 John Hopkins Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki GSV-R 1:36.411
2 Shinya Nakano Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki Ninja ZX-RR 1:36.424
3 Colin Edwards Camel Yamaha Team Yamaha YZR-M1 1:36.755
4 Nicky Hayden Repsol Honda Team Honda RC211V 1:36.758
5 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team Honda RC211V 1:36.993
6 Chris Vermeulen Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki GSV-R 1:37.077
7 Marco Melandri Fortuna Honda Honda RC211V 1:37.332
8 Carlos Checa Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha YZR-M1 1:37.378
9 Alex Hofmann Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati Desmosedici GP-6 1:37.399
10 Kenny Roberts Jnr. Team Roberts KR211V 1:37.528
11 Randy De Puniet Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki Ninja ZX-RR 1:37.556
12 Casey Stoner Honda LCR Honda RC211V 1:37.660
13 Makoto Tamada Konica Minolta Honda Honda RC211V 1:37.676
14 James Ellison Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha YZR-M1 1:38.055
15 Loris Capirossi Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati Desmosedici GP-6 1:38.060
16 Jose Luis Cardoso Team D'Antin Pramac Ducati Desmosedici GP-6 1:39.406
17 Ivan Silva Team D'Antin Pramac Ducati Desmosedici GP-6 1:39.496
18 Valentino Rossi Camel Yamaha Team Yamaha YZR-M1 1:40.298

John Hopkins has taken his first premier class pole after demoting Shinya Nakano and Colin Edwards with just seconds of the qualifying hour remaining.

Yamaha's Edwards had led most of the session, before Nakano stole the limelight with a stunning lap on the Ninja ZX-RR inside the final few minutes.

Former WSBK champ Edwards could not reply, leaving Hopper to steal the limelight for Rizla Suzuki.

Nick Hayden leads row two from Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa, and Hopkins' partner in crime, Chris Vermeulen completes the top six.

Valentino Rossi is clearly suffering, running only 13 laps and finished the hour in last place, 18th. His participation in the Dutch TT is now in doubt.

Melandri and Capirossi both struggled, Ducati man Capirex finished in 15th place, although Melandri pulled a miracle lap from somewhere to at least start on row three.

Hopkins on pole then for tomorrow's 26-lap race around the 'cathedral'.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Someone on this forum jinxed Rossi! They said the only way Nicky could take the championship is if Rossi got hurt…Ok I’m being very superstitious, but this sucks!!! There’s no way Rossi can be competitive tomorrow. All these injuries came at such a bad time with so many races so close to each other and the rankings were so close. On the plus side, it gives some other riders a good shot at getting a podium, and it will keep the season very interesting. I’d really like to see Stoner, Hopkins or Edwards take a checkered flag in this race.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I'm pulling for Hayden, but I wouldn't mind seeing CE up there or Hopper. Both are great riders. Eventhough I have nothing but contempt for Suz's, I'd like to see another manufacturer up there besides the big dogs (Honda, Duc, Yami)... And someone did jinx Rossi. I remember someone saying that. I never thought it would happen. Did you see the accident. His front just tucked... Tires maybe?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I just checked the qualifying times today. Nice job by the Americans! Gonna be a great race. Rossi, Melandri and Capirossi (too many names ending with "i"!!!) are racing tomorrow but I really think they should take this race off and heal up. If either goes down they could ruin their chances of racing in the future. I'd rather have them healthy.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
as i said before - consistency - be it with racing, set-up, crashing and so-on... all these things are part of racing... so if rossi crashes, have a bad set-up, bad tire, etc... its part of racing....
just like what everyone was saying about nicky last year about "finishing the race" instead of crashing... and now that he's consistently on the box - everyone is still hating...

btw- i wish all the americans a good race .... this is hoping too much - americans place 1-4
Hayden
Hopper
CE
Roberts
:)

1 - 20 of 172 Posts