Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow, what a crazy finish to this race. with Nicky coming thru at the end to take pole....

Edwards led the whole race, took the last chicane to wide on the exit, and crashed out

GO NICKY!!!!

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
Noooooooooooooo!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah props to Colin for one hell of a race too....when he ran off the track the 1st time, for him to be able to battle back to overtake Nicky with only 2 laps remaining was incredible....

Nicky's got a nice lead on top of the points now too

·
Registered
366 Posts
^^^Ya man. That was a good comeback by Colin with less than 2 laps to go. I feel bad for the guy though. After leading the whole race and to end up like that...SMH

N

·
0 Posts
That was so boring, I fell asleep. I might as well have watched the AMA races.

Anyhow, congrats to Nicky!

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
Nemesis said:
That was so boring, I fell asleep. I might as well have watched the AMA races.
+100

WSBK is a lot better.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Go Nicky!!!!! I would have liked to see Hopper on the podium too...Just happy to see Nicky with a nice lead in the points and to finally have a win under his belt before he goes back to Laguna.

·
Registered
475 Posts

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
2,009 Posts
I was just stoked that Hopkins took a Poll and 6th.. hehe...

·
Registered
799 Posts
I agree that the race as a whole was boring, but that's what happens without Vale. That said, the lap and a half that Colin put in after running off was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. When he ran off the comentators, me, my dog and everyone else in the world thought it was over... everyone except Colin. I hope anyone who's been bashing him lately shuts their hole now because that just showed heart and a whole lot of skill. He reeled Nicky in like a spent Marlin and then passed him like he was a lapper. I think in the moment he didn't realize where he was because I can tell you I wouldn't have crashed, neither would 80% of expert racers. Had he realized it would have been a cakewalk, instead he was spit off...

·
Registered
596 Posts
CCSEX122 said:
He reeled Nicky in like a spent Marlin and then passed him like he was a lapper.
:laughing5

Seriously though Nicky used a jedi mind trick on Colin

·
Registered
610 Posts
colin got robbed.... but thats racing. It didn't look like he could've held that line w/o going off the track.... like he was putting hayden off intentionally and overshot it.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
skittzo said:
colin got robbed.... but thats racing. It didn't look like he could've held that line w/o going off the track.... like he was putting hayden off intentionally and overshot it.
How did he get robbed?

Agreed that the whole race was pretty uneventful until the the last few laps. Nicky rode well at the end and then desperation kind of set in, and things got sloppy. I feel bad for Colin, he probably ran one of his best races ever, smooth and fast and it looked like he landed pretty hard on his back. Made for an exciting finish though.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
They both went wide and through the dirt, unfortunately for CE he crashed and Hayden stayed upright. One of the best finishes I have seen in a long time. I was hoping Hopper would be able to get on the box and CE would get his 1st ever win. It's nice seeing the USA riders up front again

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
BigTuna said:
They both went wide and through the dirt, unfortunately for CE he crashed and Hayden stayed upright. One of the best finishes I have seen in a long time. I was hoping Hopper would be able to get on the box and CE would get his 1st ever win. It's nice seeing the USA riders up front again
I don't think Nicky would have went into the dirt had he not been stuffed so hard by Colin. The last part of the track was where Nicky had made up most of his time, being faster through the section than Colin. If you watch the replay you will see Nicky way wide on the left rumble strip, dives it in, and is forced to stand it up as Colin went crazy deep on the brakes.

IMO had Nicky been able to fully get aroung Colin in the the chicane, Colin would have taken Nicky out.

Great couple of last laps, boring race unfortunatley.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
second time seeing the race, and unfortunately Rossi wasn't a factor...and he makes races fun, especially when he gets up front and pretty much mocks the rest of the pack.lol

Not an eventful race until the pulse-pounding last lap. Incredible how the race came down the LAST turn, literally. CE a little too hot, bumped and couldn't hold it up...

good job by nicky riding out the dirt and taking the flag...

also, great effort by The Doc, who was in obvious pain. True champ, that guy.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts