Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I am installing my refurb ASV levers when I ran into a little trouble. Clutch lever went on without a hitch. The brake lever is giving me a little more trouble. I can't get the pivot point to line up enough to fit the bolt due to the brake plunger being fully compressed and in the way. I have to push the plunger rod inward to get it to even start to line up with the plunger barrel.

The installation instructions call out part # BRC511 but the perch has BR11 stamped on it. Can someone with ASVs on their 07-08 check and see what is stamped on the bottom of theirs?

I called ASV 2 minutes before they closed and asked if BR11 was compatible or the same as BRC511 and the guy said yep real quick and that was that.

Here is a pic of where the part # is stamped

I'm going to upload a few more pictures here in a second showing the alignment

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Weird that you have a problem. I just looked at my refurb c5s for my 08 and there isnt a number stamped on it.. I didnt have any problems with install either. How off is the alignment?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This is as close as I can get the lever to lining up. The plunger is keeping it from going any further forward.

You can kind of see how the plunger has to be pushed inward to line up with the plunger barrel.

Angle of the plunger rod when it has an OEM lever or isn't engaged by a lever

Just to give you an idea of how much different the angle is when I am trying to put the ASV lever on

:ponder:

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
The little cylinder that slides into the lever for the plunger.. do you have it spun around so the plunger will go into the hole on that cylinder. If not that could prevent it from going into the lever and mounting all the way back to the bolt hole. Just throwing out ideas..

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i've never had a problem installing asv levers on a honda but on my gsxr i had to cut the switch down on the clutch side because asv levers won't allow the bike to start if the switch isn't cut down a little

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The little cylinder that slides into the lever for the plunger.. do you have it spun around so the plunger will go into the hole on that cylinder. If not that could prevent it from going into the lever and mounting all the way back to the bolt hole. Just throwing out ideas..

Yeah I've triple checked that. It seems like the hole for the plunger barrel is too far inward and should be a mm or 2 more towards the outside of the lever. I don't think I should have to push the plunger that far back to even start to go into the plunger barrel.

·
BOTM Winner 03/14
2,497 Posts
Here is a quick snap I took I have no stamp on mine sorry bud

ImageUploadedByMO Free1397697461.573194.jpg

This is all I can think of too.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Are you catching the brake light switch or is it the plunger itself preventing you from moving the lever in towards the bolt hole? Reason I ask about the switch is because my lever is way farther back. Granted you arent able to get it to line up but maybe start with your lever touching the brake light switch and pull it around towards the outside.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a quick snap I took I have no stamp on mine sorry bud

View attachment 121969

This is all I can think of too.
Well that picture just answered my question I believe. It looks like your hole for the plunger barrel is further away from the pivot hole. I took a picture of mine from underneath and you can see how much more of my plunger barrel hole is covered up.

I had to take the plunger barrel out to even get it close to having the hole line up

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dont know what you call the piece that touches the brake light switch but as you can see mine is a lot closer to the clip on. That's why I ask if you're catching the switch but I think you'd be able to catch that very easily..

Yeah I checked that too. I'm starting to think the guy at ASV was just ready to get out of there and gave me a yep when he should have went and checked. Going to follow up with them in the morning.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So you think you got wrong lever?

Sorry. I ment that they send you the wrong lever?
Mine looks like d1s. They send you the wrong lever? What levers did you get exactly? C5 or F3? Not that it should make a difference anyway..

That is what i'm thinking. I got the C5s.

I may just have bad luck. Vortex sent me a 1000rr brake lever with my rearsets when I got those and had to have them resend a 600rr lever. :banghead:

I'll follow up with ASV in the morning and let you guys know what I find out

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That picture was with the plunger as far back as it possibly went. When I pressed the lever in to try to align the whole it was engaging the plunger almost the whole way so it couldn't be right.

At least the clutch worked great when I tested it

1 - 20 of 35 Posts