·
Registered
1,037 Posts
same here day and night

·
Registered
148 Posts
Double during the day. Single at night.

People are blind enough as it is, I don't need to assist them by shining my brights in their eyes.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts

People are blind enough as it is, I don't need to assist them by shining my brights in their eyes.
shiiiiiiit, do you see whats out there these days. cars with hid's on them??
theyre just as bright or brighter than are oem bulb high beam. :crackup:

·
Registered
76 Posts

:+1: I only run the high beam at night when I'm out in the country, as I live in a small town, and always shut it off for oncoming traffic. In the city there really isn't any need for it.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts

Same here... high beams during the day, low beams at night. Especially with my HID's... they're insanely bright and WILL blind everybody. IMHO running high beams at night does more harm than good, as people are blinded thus causing target fixation, steering them right into you

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
:+1: I only run the high beam at night when I'm out in the country, as I live in a small town, and always shut it off for oncoming traffic. In the city there really isn't any need for it.
in the city is where you most need it IMO, its where all the stupid cagers are at and the last thing i need is to not be seen... besides as slaps said cars with h.i.ds that are everywhere now are brighter than even our highlights

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Hi Beams during the day, single during the night.. though when I have the opportunity to run hi beam @ night I do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree I adjusted the angle my HID's so at night they don't blind people. But i live in the city so I have no need for the High beams.

·
Registered
76 Posts
in the city is where you most need it IMO, its where all the stupid cagers are at and the last thing i need is to not be seen... besides as slaps said cars with h.i.ds that are everywhere now are brighter than even our highlights
I think I'm more visible at night. When its dark out a headlight is a headlight. If the guy pulling out doesn't see my low beam, chances are he wouldn't have noticed those of an oncoming car, either. All the high beam would do is annoy oncoming traffic. I get pissed when people don't turn theirs off when they are coming towards me, so I would be a hypocrite to run around with mine on.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Both on, day or night. Good chance of getting pulled over here if they think you have a light out, plus, I like to see where I'm going.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what's the best bulbs to get? And is an a fairly easy replacement? I don't see any covers that pop off to get to them.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I usually run low beam 90% of the time.
When I'm in my cage, I don't mind so much when bikes are coming towards me with their high beams on. But when you get those ******* SUV's and trucks running the HIDS or just plain running around with their high beams on... Damn, that pisses me off. Practically see spots for 5 minutes after getting flashed by those things.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i USED to ride with high beams on at night but i got pulled over by a cop. i was on my way home in Diamond Bar, CA and he put me in the back of his car and went over the CA laws with me.. how even motorcycles can't ride with high beams on at night. i told him i thought i was allowed to for safety purposes but he said i can't but still let me go. so now i just turn off the high beam when cars approach from other side

1 - 20 of 62 Posts