Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I'm still recovering from my accident. Anyways I'm trying to go back to the track and get over the fear, my legs still hurt and I was kind of having a hard time riding but I tried my best. I'm not as fast as I was, and seems like the accident slowed me down. Anyways hope you guys like this lil clip. Track day was fun as always. Advise and riding tips are always apreciated enjoy!

This time I didn't get to record any1 else, thanks to jeff for being camera boy again lol sorry Jefff! I'm the one on the red bike with black gear!

http://www.Crazyjm.neptune.com

·
Registered
99 Posts
It just takes seat time to get back in the groove. My first time back to the track after my nasty highside, I worked primarily on just being as smooth as possible. I did not give any thought to getting back to my same laptimes, in fact, I left the laptimer off the bike for the first 3 or 4 sessions so I would concentrate on just getting back in to the riding. This approach wound up working very well for me. By the end of the day I had put the laptimer back on the bike and though I felt I was going slower but smoother, I had gotten back down to the same times I was doing when I crashed 4 months prior. Smooth is where the speed is at. I work on it every time I'm at the track now and am picking up more and more speed and don't feel like the bike is so close to the edge of control.
Just my story and $0.02 worth :) Good luck on your continued recovery!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Relax pimpo, your doing pretty good after all that dirt you ate up there in the crest, you'll be ready by october 2, big willow here we come!!!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
you guys really should try putfile or something. that neptune site doesnt often download the videos well, at least for me.

only thing I could see to comment on was getting your upper body, including your head, over from the center of the bike. looks like you're a bit crossed up on the bike through t2 the first time through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts