Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I live in London, and park my bike outside my house in a designated parking area, chaining it to a thick post, around the back wheel and another chain going through the swing arm.

So I come out to my bike this morning and notice that the faring has been ripped open just above the indicator and the wiring harness has been disconnected. I get that horrible rench in my gut when I realise some punks have tried to steal my bike. Once I look over it, things don't really make sense...

They undid and removed all the bolts on both handle bars, and one of the shocks has been unscrewed at the top and was just hanging there... this all they have done to it, the lock was fine... I'm trying to work out what they were trying to do – If they were hot wiring it surely they would have tried to take the lock holding it to the post out first??

There were no attempts to bolt crop the locks holding the bike to the post so I'm a bit puzzled as to what they were doing with the front of the bike?? I'm pretty sure they had bolt croppers as there was a cropped lock next to my bike and I think someone else wasn't so fortunate as I was :(

just wondering if anyone ever had anything similar happen to their bike??

I hate thieves :gun1:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Probably trying to steal your front end or something. Maybe if you blokes were allowed to own guns they'd think twice before trying something like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to have it parked in a locked underground carpark in front of my car but don't have any of that up here, garages around here are like golddust :(

A

·
0 Posts
sounds like they were trying to get parts for a bike they busted up.... if they cut one lock, and didnt even mess with the area in which you lock was on your bike, i would say they were after parts... is your bike modded?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Loud, motion-sensitive alarm. Scares away most assholes before they can do damage. Nothing will stop a determined thief but it doesn't take much to stop an idiot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts