Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I went down to a local dealer today and found a brand new 2005 RR for $6200. The bike was a Honda auction bike. Its got rash on the tank and on the tail. Other than that it seems fine. Anybody had any experience with these bikes? Could the fact that it has been sitting idle for so long be a problem? Sounds like a sweet deal to me but I want to know if there are any problems with these.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I don't think you would have a problem finding a 05 without scrapes and scratches for the same price.

·
Registered
584 Posts
should be able to replace the rashed plastics for about $400, so figure that into the price. Does the bike have any miles on it? Are they offering any kind of warranty?
$6200 seems kind of high for an 05, especially with the 07 out.

N

·
0 Posts
Hey guys, I went down to a local dealer today and found a brand new 2005 RR for $6200. The bike was a Honda auction bike. Its got rash on the tank and on the tail. Other than that it seems fine. Anybody had any experience with these bikes? Could the fact that it has been sitting idle for so long be a problem? Sounds like a sweet deal to me but I want to know if there are any problems with these.
How can it be brand new if it has rash on the tank?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea its got 5 miles on the clock. the plastics are rashed from shipping. apparently when the bike gets damaged in shipping Honda buys them back from the dealership and then auctions them off at the end of the year.

N

·
0 Posts
yea its got 5 miles on the clock. the plastics are rashed from shipping. apparently when the bike gets damaged in shipping Honda buys them back from the dealership and then auctions them off at the end of the year.
Oh, okay. That makes sense now.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Thats a good deal, dont let anyone tell you otherwise...........Its brand new even if the plastics are scratched.........

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i forgot to ask for the warrenty but if it comes with a one year then im thinking its as good as sold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts