Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't seen a recent review for Auctmarts on here in a while, so I'm going to post this thread and update it as my experience progresses. Auctmarts is a motorcycle parts vendor located in China that specializes in aftermarket injection molded fairings -- which is what I purchased. I promise to keep this review honest (i.e. no pandering to the vendor for free stuff). To be clear, I purchased from their actual site, not their ebay account.

Timeline:

May 6th 2019 (4:13 PM PST)
Order placed at Auctmarts.com (Order # 100009261)

May 6th 2019 (8:13 PM PST)
Money request received for optional shipping insurance - $25 (Paid)

May 9th 2019 (1:35 PM PST)
Email sent requesting the pillion seat cowl be plain white without decals

May 10th 2019 (3:33 AM PST)
Response stating this can be done with a picture attached for me to confirm

May 21st 2019 (9:19 AM PST)
Email sent to Auctmarts touching base

May 21st 2019 (9:56 PM PST)
Response stating 2 weeks to finish the fairing kit

May 30th 2019 (4:10 PM PST)
Email sent to confirm that everything would be ready for shipping next week

June 3rd 2019 (3:11 AM PST)
Response stating another week longer will be needed

June 13th 2019 (4:03 AM PST)
Email received with photo of finished fairings

Ratings:

Ease of purchase: 10/10
Communication: TBD
Turnaround: TBD
Shipping & packaging: TBD
Quality & fit: TBD

Story:

I've rode for about 4 years with my trusty '07 Ninja 650 before the hankerin' for a 600RR became too much to bear. I ended up buying an '06 that has minor damage from going down at low speed. The price was right even though it was a little scraped up, plus it left enough in my budget to make the bike exactly what I wanted.

Tail tidy, flush mount blinkers, levers, integrated turn signals, and fairings were on my to-buy list. I shopped around and found Auctmarts mentioned frequently, with somewhat mixed reviews, but mostly positive. At the price I decided to pull the trigger. A dream bike of mine is the '13-onward HRC edition 600RR, so I went with the 1b146 kit.

Before pic:

Experience summary:
-To be filled out later-

After pics:
-To be filled out later-

·
Registered
67 Posts
I actually ordered from their site as well and had them do a custom color. Other than the poor communication after purchasing (which I read about, once they finished painting I received pictures and up-to-date information along the way) it was a great experience. I had one chipped part which I mentioned and they ended up making me pay $35 for the replacement part after shipping them a sample of the color so they could match it. (I shouldn't of had to pay for it since it was chipped when it arrived but since I didn't let them know until after I put them on the bike, they assumed I chipped it, after countless emails back and forth I just decided to pay for it and be done). I will say, the fairings are much less forgiving than the stock fairings due to the molding. You definitely have to be careful when stretching them to put on. If I ever needed to take it to a shop to have engine work done, I would probably remove them before bringing it. Anyone who doesn't know how fragile they are would chip the paint in a heartbeat. Especially when snapping the side fairings into the tank cover.

Anyway, definitely worth the price! You can check out my post if you want~
https://www.600rr.net/vb/69-07-13-rr-modifications/580615-2007-cbr600rr-bike-build-thread-matnetik-mods.html

Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. I was somewhat expecting them to be a little more brittle than OEM, but from what I've read people are usually surprised by how nice the quality is in relation to the price. I hope I can say the same story with mine.

Unfortunately it has been over a month now and I still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation. The weather is getting super nice up in the North West United States, and I'm getting anxious to get these suckers on.

Nice bike btw!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
1 - 5 of 5 Posts