Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey howdie peeps,

Woke up this morning pretty much set on getting an 07 r6 as i got sick of waiting for the right deal on a used 06.

was offered a test drive of the 07 600rr (which hit Sydney Stealers about a week ago), felt so gooooood and walked out with a deposit on a 07 600rr in red, albeit from a different dealer.

now if you guys in the US think you got it bad, we are paying AUD$15900 OTD which is about USD$13k, list price is about AUD$16790 OTD.

To make the pain even worse seat cowls run at about AUD$450, thats some expensive plastic!! (USD$350)

and since im bitching, we only get red and black here... NO WHITE DAMNIT!!

i'm one of them height challenged asians, and found myself with groin strain on the r6 but the 600rr just felt perfect, the seat is narrower than the r6 it just fits nicely :)

im pretty sure i made the right choice, as from my test drive experience one would have to spend quite a bit modding the r6 with gearing, pcIII and full exhaust to get it to the stock 600rr levels.

so i feel stupid having paid pretty much RRP, but you gotta pay to play i say!!

lucky i didnt test drive the 675 or my choice would have been even harder i think, if i had the money i would buy all 3!!

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Hey Congrats Fruity, you'll soon enjoy the fruits of your labour. Your prices are freakin retarded btw, but then again, you get to live in Oz....

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Congrats on the bike... Do you guys have a higher cost of living, or are you getting ripped apart with some crazy white shark tax?

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
^ I was there about 10 years ago and everything was pretty much on par. Considering that they are closer to Japan, it really makes no sense why he's getting ass raped like that.

There may be trade tarriffs or something, or limited availability. Who knows!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We just pay more for everything over here. Cars, PS3 (USD$800!! :eek: ), computer parts... they put it down to Australia having a lower population than the US so different economies of scale.

We are also a highly taxed country hence many Aussies venturing overseas to work.

The price to pay for being able to ride year round...

·
Registered
129 Posts
having just come back from aus last year after spending a year there i can say you are a lucky bastard, prices be damned!

i lived in Cairns for ages and then Brisy for a bit and then Manly, Sydney (pommy backpackerm hehe)

id probably sell my soul to move to aus and take me new 07 RR there....although, your cops are a pain in the arse, i got my first ever speeding fine in Aus....128kph in a 100kph (82mph in a 60mph limit) ....by Queenslands finest traffic cops in the middle of freaking nowhere (Marlborough QLD)... never did pay my $250 fine.

As for prices, the 07 retails at £7500 in UK, that must be equivalent of $14700 USD! nowhere near the 8-9 ive seen statesiders quote..

and ya ps3 just launched £425....loads of them in stores, too expensive, wii flew out of shops for 180quid..

·
Registered
309 Posts
now if you guys in the US think you got it bad, we are paying AUD$15900 OTD which is about USD$13k, list price is about AUD$16790 OTD.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as bad as that is, it's still better than UK. I believe they pay @ 8.5K PS out the door which is @ $16490.00USD!!! Ouch, and if that isn't bad enough, Norweigh is even worse!!!

Ben

1 - 11 of 11 Posts