Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
You get what you pay for remember that, do your homework first ask around town for recomendations you will be much happier in the longrun with a quality paint job. i let some yahoo paint my xtreme with flames and he did a ok job for what i paid him but the quality sucked ass. expect to pay 1000 for a good job including prep work paint etc....

·
Registered
635 Posts
I just brought all my plastics in last week to get painted.. the shop is gunna charge me 300 total for it to get changed from red.. to another color.. but I get some phat deals there :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
holy hell, I would never pay $1000 for a paint job on a bike. I payed $75 to get my race bodywork painted flat black with white number plates. About a week ago I payed $125 to have it repainted flat black and take the number plates off and do some refiberglassing and build up.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
a friend of mine got his bike painted at earl scheib for $250 - pretty good paint job - 3 colors and clear coated 5 times

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RevDup said:
I just brought all my plastics in last week to get painted.. the shop is gunna charge me 300 total for it to get changed from red.. to another color.. but I get some phat deals there :)
how much did you pay for plastics?

·
Registered
635 Posts
jdmbuilt: I took my stock plastics off and am having them painted. Its going to be a street/show bike for now.. not many twisty back roads for us to play on around here :(

·
Registered
635 Posts
I could get chamelion for 550 up here in WI, the job im getting is Go ManGO orange (06 charger color) with heavy pearl and pearl in 5 coats of clear. For comparison, this shop will do a full car for 1000 (solid normal color) rage paint for 3000.. and quality from this shop is unmatched around here.

·
Registered
492 Posts
paint especially is delicate, id go ahead and spend some money for the paint job so that they would do it right and you wont have to worry about paint chipping, peeling, too thick, too light. i'd say around $500 bucks and up. try to find ppl in your area that had paint done b4 and see what they say. word of mouth is great.

·
Registered
635 Posts
yeah.. if you know what your doing... because dirt, fisheyes, and orange peel are a mother f*cker!

·
Registered
492 Posts
RevDup said:
yeah.. if you know what your doing... because dirt, fisheyes, and orange peel are a mother f*cker!
ok i know what two of the three are what is fisheyes?

·
Registered
932 Posts
If this is a track/race bike, just bust-out the rattle can. If this is your street bike, you should expect to pay about $1K for a paint job similar to the quality of your OEM plastics.

Whatever you do though, don't forget to post-up some pix of the new paint job :) !

·
Registered
635 Posts
Civic CX Hatch said:
ok i know what two of the three are what is fisheyes?
dirt - raised bumps in paint
orange peel - ripple effect in paint
fisheye - dimples in paint (some down to the primer)

And the guy above me lol.. a grand for a paintjob close to [email protected]# Like I said, I'm getting mine done for 300, I'll post pics at the end of the week and let you know if I'm happy or not... but I got the hood, trunk, body kit, and top half of my car painted for 600 from the same shop, and it was the 2nd best quality paint job I've seen so far

H

·
0 Posts
this is also going to depend on where you are located and who you know.. i looked around here a bit and the best i could find was 800... some areas can charge more because of the high demand...

·
Registered
311 Posts
well im getting some plastic sanded and filled from a minor fall off my truck.... hes repainting the lower fairings from grey to black removing the remaining stickers then doing an all out "real look" flame job all airbrushed, and doing a helmet to match then clearing the whole bike 5 times. for 1500$ and I think im getting a fair deal. I mean the time involved in airbrushing all that detail will take hours and hours... now i need to find a helmet that doesnt have air vents all over it or at least removable ones....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts