Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to my dealership today to look for a stand, i had the pitbull in mind and the LP...

well i get there and they had a pretty good selection, few with spools and few without. But from what ive read and what im using it for i really dont need the spools.

Well i talk to guy that i know there from just going in and ordering some stuff. Guy gives me an awesome deal..

I got a Lockhart Phillips stand.. usually goes for $85... well he gave me the stand for $50.. brand new.. no problems with it at all...

but im stoked over that deal..

here is a pic.

C

·
0 Posts
I have that stand and it works good, but you have to keep the rubber and swingarm oil free.... Or it will slip. I think there is a spool conversion kit for it somewhere.. :roll: I'd like to get it. ...

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Is it the white stand? I saw some awesome beefy LP stands a few days ago. Very nice. Metal colored. The little white winky ones I would never use. I got a set of pitbull's and I would only use them or the new LP stand I saw. It had rollerblade wheels on it too. Pretty cool in my opinion.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got a buddy whos dad is a great welder.. i would of made one myself and had him help me, but by the time i get the steel, get it all measured and cut and get it put together, and paint it and all..

just thought that for $50 why not buy one..

$50 is worth the time and all that i saved by just buying one..

·
Registered
504 Posts

cbrkid11 said:
i got a buddy whos dad is a great welder.. i would of made one myself and had him help me, but by the time i get the steel, get it all measured and cut and get it put together, and paint it and all..

just thought that for $50 why not buy one..

$50 is worth the time and all that i saved by just buying one..
No doubt...50 bucks I would have bought a few and sold them to some suckers for 75...I just want to try to make one and see how they come out. Get it perfected and maybe start offering them online on ebay and make a website offering them for a reasonable price.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Good deal but Pitbull all the way! :mrgreen:

Jason

·
Registered
341 Posts
I got both front and rear pitbull stands at Seca for $150 for both. I also have a front and rear LP stands. the LP are ok, but the pitbull are really nice.

·
Registered
730 Posts
RR said:
I was thinking of picking up this rear stand off of eBay. It looks decent and can do both spooled/non-spooled bikes. They also sell the front and rear together on eBay for the same price you could get one rear Pitbull for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2487014405&category=10066
My Martin Racing Products stand looks just like that, except I'm sure it's lighter because it's made of aluminum. Very easy to use and the bike doesn't move at all when it's lifted. Kind of pricey ($130), but well worth it IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts