Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Killed my MINI back in March when I hit a section of rt50 near Davidsonville that was partially covered in snow at the county line where the removers haven't gone over yet well enough. Mostly my fault for not seeing it ahead of time and running on Summer tires with 40k or so miles on them. Did a couple of 360s and ended up going over the grassy patch between the main lanes and the inbound merging lane where there was a conveniently placed steel drain pipe that stuck out of the ground good 3 or 4 inches. Short of the damage is that I tore out the steering rack, the oil pan, the alternator, and took chunks out of the bell housing. Needless to say the car was toast and promptly handed to the junkers.

Picked up a '97 328i sedan to use as a temporary transport while I hunted for something else. Just a few days ago I finally tracked down an '09 e92 328i 6mt with the most detailed and complete maintenance history I've ever seen looking at used cars. All of the work was done at one BMW dealer or another and logged for me to drool over during purchase. Very clean brown on black, practically fully loaded and the clutch still grabs like a Japanese perv would a school girl's ass on the metro. I'm a very happy camper and glad to be back in the modern age of automotive engineering. Really missed the ass warmers. Here are a couple of shots to enjoy:

As a side, anybody looking to buy an e36 328i 5mt?

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when I first sat in one how compact it really is. Glad that at least one manufacturer isn't buckling to the fattening trend these days. Though I can't say that about the f chassis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts