Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey friends,
so i had an accident a couple of weeks ago and i had my ball bearing making noises so i had the replace it . the problem here is the size of my bike’s ball bearing ( 22x47x14) isn’t available here in egypt, so can i use a different size (20x47x14) and etch the axle to fit it or just use a different axel that fits that size ? will that work fine?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
bearing selection is an engineering design task.. off course you can always go for trial and error but it can cost you another accident... if you wanna change the bearing better check and compare all design parameters not just the dimensions , the bearing should be marked with the manufacturer name, a number and sometimes a suffix and search should bring up all the specs... its also almost always better to go for something bigger/stronger..... machining the axle makes it weaker and adds flex...whether a smaller axle will work or not is another design problem

·
Registered
370 Posts
There are also:

1. clearance specs, CN, C3, C4, etc. which is based upon
2. load and speed bearing will operate in... which dictates
3. heat-tolerance which dictates.
4. type of grease used...

There's more to bearings than just fitting into hole. I've had good experience with these guys:

Reactions: sameh90

·
Registered
370 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts