Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called T.E.A.M. Arizona and another Insurance company that "shops" around for a quote for a 600RR and neither one of them said they could do me any good.

I am 21 y/o with one ticket in the past 3 years. I was quoted 6-9k a YEAR!... I had my father (53 years old, no tickets.. so on) call around and the best he got quoted was 3,100 a year! Tell me what I am doing wrong here?! We want full coverage on a recreational vehicle in Arizona! I have a down payment on a 03 RR right now and it looks like I will be getting it back if I can't figure things out here!

Thanks.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I don't see how any one can help ya besides "just keep shopping"
Your age and having an “R” in the name of your bike has screwd ya
I originally told my insurance (USAA) I was getting an R6 about a month before I bought the RR for a quote.
When I got the RR, they said they “were not insuring those kinda bikes anymore”. But they had to take me. I was lucky.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what I meant was, could anyone point me in the direction of a company that WILL insure the CBR lineup including the RR. More than 1/2 of the companies won't insure it here in AZ.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The only two suggestions I could give you is 1. Don't waste your time with progressive. They wanted around $2300.00 a year for full coverage for me. 2. Try the insurance company that your parents have. My dad has state farm for his cars so when I talked to the woman she told me since my dad has stayed with them for awhile she would give me a good deal. I bought my RR when I was 22 and I only paid $415.00 the first year for full coverage. Since I took the MSF course they are now lowering that by 10%.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The company that does our family car insurance does not do CBR's. I guess I will need to just look in the yellow pages and shop around some more.

K

·
0 Posts
Im in AZ not married 27 clean record, State Farm 100.00 deductables 25/50 full coverage only 30.00 monthly on my RR. I have a few discounts like multiple car and such but nothing out of the ordinary. State Farm does not consider it a recreational vehicle just a normal mode of transportation. Call them for a quote if you have not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts