Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey kids,

I lived in chandler, az for a year so I know how hot it gets

I'm about to move back there, but this time with my bike.

to any phx or Tucson people, how do you and your bikes handle the heat?

I can imagine traffic would really be a killer on the thermostat but even riding won't cool it off

do you just treat July and august as off season?

I wear leather when I ride (even in 90 degrees and 100% humidity) but it just sounds maniacal to try that in 105+ temps

I'm really itching to hit that road to tortilla flat though

any comments on this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
the bikes can handle the stop and go traffic better than we can! I wear leather too and will not ride during the midday hours in june, july or august. Either early morning or afternoon rides until things cool down. PM me and we can go for a ride

Nick

·
Registered
352 Posts
I wear my mesh jacket in the summer time to try and stay a bit cooler, if thats possible here. The only killer is when you're stopped at a light. As far as the bike goes, it took it with no problems, even in the mid day heat.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys..

i guess i should have faith in my cooling fan

i'll post when i get there, maybe i can meet up with somebody for a ride

·
Registered
29 Posts
by the way, i wouldnt recommend the road to tortilla flats anymore... they stopped maintaining the road, with gravel/debris all over the road now and its not fun anymore unfortunately. your best bet is south mountain for a fun ride now

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that sucks...i was worried about gravel but now it's confirmed...i dont need a cholla up my ass

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
by the way, i wouldnt recommend the road to tortilla flats anymore... they stopped maintaining the road, with gravel/debris all over the road now and its not fun anymore unfortunately. your best bet is south mountain for a fun ride now
i just did the tortilla flat run...and yeah that road is a mess...i could feel my rear going crazy on it

the views and the isolation made up for it though

my normal commute in MD was all sorts of fun twisty roads, my commute here is so straight and flat :(

...at least I can ride here in November though

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Well Flame On.
I wear my shorts and T-shirt helmet gloves here In the summer. It's to damn hot not to. I realize what could happen but I am 40yrs old and feel It's my life I do what I want. As for the bike well It seems that I have had no problems yet. But it's an 07. Tortilla Flats I am not a fan of that ride, When I do ride I do prescott / payson / Ect. Well when you move back and If you are looking for riding partners let me know.. 602-541-7765 :shakehand
Stephen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts