Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys, I recently bought this wonderful CBR600RR 2009, 1 small problem back brake barely holds I want to adjust it but I'm unsure of these 3 different nuts, does everyone have them?; how do I adjust the brake?

P.S. I changed the braking liquid on the back but I doubt it's that because it was acting up with the old liquid as well.

Thank you very much.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There isn't really any adjustment for the rear brake. It sounds like you just need to bleed them, the rear can be a real pain to bleed.
Thanks I've done that. I found out that the problem is that some of the braking liquid went on the disc and that is why it doesn't hold properly at the moment. I'm gonna use some petrol to clean the disc nicely and see if the helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will probably need to change the pads as well if they got wet. I had to do the same with my front pads when my forks started leaking.
Fuuuuuuck xp, I just finished cleaning the pads and the disc imma go test and see if they work, I think they will

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will probably need to change the pads as well if they got wet. I had to do the same with my front pads when my forks started leaking.
Not sure is you've seen my previous message but after some cleaning and doing 15mph with the brake on it fixed it. Now it brakes how I want it to. I will buy new brake pads anyway. Thanks for the advice have a nice evening.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure is you've seen my previous message but after some cleaning and doing 15mph with the brake on it fixed it. Now it brakes how I want it to. I will buy new brake pads anyway. Thanks for the advice have a nice evening.

Did you have to remove the pads and disc's to clean them or were you able to clean them while installed? I need to do the same

1 - 7 of 7 Posts