Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aite this is pissin me off ... got an 05 600rr and the damn back brakes keep locking up....took it apart and my buddy fixed it ... now its doing the same thing .... tapped the back brakes at a light and just slid... anyone had similiar/same problems and how did u fix it ... or anyone got any idea why it keeps happening??? and what to do to fix??

thanks

Mick

K

·
0 Posts
is the rotor bent? When your BUDDY fixed it, did he rebuild the caliper?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I bevel the rear pads on my bike into a v-shape. It makes rear wheel changes easier & makes it nearly impossible to lock up the rear wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the diapraph was covering the feed whole to the piston so it was causeing a suction to where the fluid could not return or get in and stayed jammed up .... so no he did not rebuild it the caliber!

quote unquote from him on the phone jsut now!

K

·
0 Posts
the diapraph was covering the feed whole to the piston so it was causeing a suction to where the fluid could not return or get in and stayed jammed up .... so no he did not rebuild it the caliber!

quote unquote from him on the phone jsut now!
if the pads are staying locked, it's not because fluid can't get back into the container. if the diaphram was indeed covering the hole, then it would either tear as you applied force, or impeed caliper expansion=, not the other way around.

K

·
0 Posts
a tear down, inspection of components, and a rebuild/replace if nessesary.

you'd feel a warped rotor, but if the caliper piston is sticking and not returning that could cause a lock up. also, mis-torqued bolts could cause problems too.

honestly, i'd just tear it down, inspect, rebuild and reinstall. you'll find your culprit for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts