Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I also have a 03 ZX-6R. I just noticed it back fires... I'm guessing is because is runnin to lrich on fuel. I have smell alot of burning gas before. I have a a PCIII and I picked it up from wisconsin i live in colorado. Do I just need to get it tuned or? I do have to say backfiring at night looks hella cool.. LOLL

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
the back fire is from the PAIR valve pumping air into the exhaust on decel. my buddies 04 636 does it too. it looks awesome at night, his blows out a 2 foot flame:all_cohol

10k miles of his bike doing that and 0 problems so far.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ yeah mine has 21k... I'm thinking is running to rich... if I lean it out I should get some hp gain...

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Mine only backfires under heavy engine braking. thats normal right?

K

·
0 Posts
Is it back firing or is the exhaust popping?

i ask because there is a really big difference.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Exhaust poppin, my bad. Not back fire. Yeaaah i know what backfire is though, hahaha good ol carburated kill-switch poppin back in the day.

K

·
0 Posts
Exhaust poppin, my bad. Not back fire. Yeaaah i know what backfire is though, hahaha good ol carburated kill-switch poppin back in the day.
blowin' flames out the exhaust pipe is normal thanks to the PAIR Valve.

Blowin' flames out the ram air tubes isn't. would look pretty awesome though... as destructive as it would be.

awesome looking, awesomely destructive.

·
Registered
269 Posts
A bike will usually "pop" on decel due to a lean condition not a rich condition. Does the bike have an aftermarket air cleaner and/or pipe? What map is loaded in the PC?

K

·
0 Posts
at any rate, you want that to stay. don't remove the PAIR Valving. Your bike wont pass emissions testing if you do.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^ you have to do emissions on bikes... down here in colorado you don't

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
im eliminating it on my bike. the block off plates are cheap too. i was told by the engine tuner, to get the most accurate a/f mix u should eliminate it. besides mine isnt gonna be street driven anymore.

oh and we dont have any emissions tests for motorcycles in VA. cars we do tho.

·
C.F.A. member **New Joyzeeeeeee Racer YAAAA BOY
1,726 Posts
I don't think NJ has emissions for bikes, but then again I've never taken any of my bikes in for inspection.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
VA is a weird state. the emissions testing on obd2 cars is just a scan tool to make sure there are no fault codes. u need this every 2 years to renew your license plates with fresh stickers.

old cars tho they run it on a dyno with a sniffer up the tail pipe.

motorcycles only need a safety inspection every year.

K

·
0 Posts
motorcycles only need a safety inspection every year.
"Hi, i'm here for my safety inspection sticker on my bike..."
"OK. I see you brought your helmet. did you ride your bike here?"
"Yeah, it's over here..."
"Oh, that's OK, here's your sticker. That'll be $45. Have a good day!"

ha!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts