Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice on this damn tire dilemma that I have.

This past summer I bought a used ’01 F4i and the bike tire was fairly new (less then 500 miles). After riding it for about 500 miles I really notice that turning was not smooth and looked at the front tire. Turns out it looks like a mountain range and has cracks and hasn’t been changed since it was on the bike.

So I need a new tire and placed on order right before the 4th (Battle Ax), and this tire has been push back due to back order twice already and have a feeling I won’t get it for awhile.

The guys at Indy Superbike whom I have the order with says I definitely can get a set (front and back) of Pirelli Diablo’s for about $120 more installed, since their distributors have them in stock.

Do you think I should wait on the just the front Battle Ax or just go a little more on cash and get the Pirelli’s (heard they are a better tire).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
595 Posts
THe pirellis are a better tire. you will love them. I don't think that i will ride on another brand tire unless i have to. Diablos for the street/track, and Diablo Corsas will be my next track tire purchase.

I say this, but it is all personal preference. If I still have diablos on my F4i when i sell it, i will switch my used diablos out for the new ones that come stock on the '05 RR. The new tires would probably last longer, but i will have no trust in my tires...trust is everything.

If you are satisfied with the tires that you have, go ahead and just replace them with the same thing, if you don't like them, there are tons of tires that might fit your needs.

What are your needs in a tire?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically street riding and commuting. want to get to the point where i can get aggressive and ride twisties.

do the diablos last long?

·
Registered
595 Posts
keep the tire pressures up and they will last LLLLOOOOOOONNNNGGGG time. THe good thing is that they heat up fast and stick like glue forever. I will only ride diablos on the streets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts