Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Im about to get a back protector.

I've been looking at the Forcefield and Dainese Wave 2. Both are comfortable for me (the Forcefield being slightly heavier). The Dainese is the interlocking plate type (to limit hyper-extension) while the Forcefield is more of a shock absorbing protector. Both are CE level 2.

What are you guys using?

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
Hi guys,

Im about to get a back protector.

I've been looking at the Forcefield and Dainese Wave 2. Both are comfortable for me (the Forcefield being slightly heavier). The Dainese is the interlocking plate type (to limit hyper-extension) while the Forcefield is more of a shock absorbing protector. Both are CE level 2.

What are you guys using?
I really like the Forcefeild back protectors and they have tested superior to anything else. Just upgraded from a teknic myself. I also just became a dealer for these, so if you are interested in the forcefeild, give me a shout

·
Registered
796 Posts
I've heard good things about the forcefield too. I had the chance to hold one (not try it on) and it did feel a bit heavy.
I went with the Knox Countour back protector (Race version).
I like it a lot. CE level 2 also.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies guys,

I really like the Forcefeild back protectors and they have tested superior to anything else.
Can you be more specific cozye? What sort of tests were undertaken?

I've heard good things about the forcefield too. I had the chance to hold one (not try it on) and it did feel a bit heavy.
I went with the Knox Countour back protector (Race version).
I like it a lot. CE level 2 also.
Im like the Contour too but you can't get it anywhere in Australia and im a bit wary of buying one without trying it on.

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys,

Can you be more specific cozye? What sort of tests were undertaken?

Im like the Contour too but you can't get it anywhere in Australia and im a bit wary of buying one without trying it on.
I've got some PDF's of magazine articles where they tested the amount of force that was absorbed by the back protectors. I believe all of the back protectors mentioned in this thread were on the test. You have to remember that Forcefield is relatively new here in the US, but its is very popular in the UK and in Europe. It's some Euro bike magazines. If you pm me your email address I will email you the pdf's when I return from traveling on Monday.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I've used the A-stars race and crashed in it too. No worries. Currently running the Wave 2. Although the price was steep, it fits ME better than the A-star BP. Thankfully, I have not crash tested it.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Oh, I must add that if you are buying from Eric (Cozye), he's a great guy to deal with. Buy with confidence and the dude knows his ****.

·
Registered
385 Posts
What are the prices on Forcefield and Dainese Wave 2?
Much more than the A*?

Let me google ha.
Not sure about the forcefield, but the Wave sells for $199.

I use one myself. The price may be a bit more than others, but its extremely comfortable and conforms to the body very well. Check out the Backshied Air as well, offers more protection by the shoulder blades, and is cheaper.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the tpro forcefield back protector in large and the upper torso protector in small. I'm 5'6" and 140lbs. I cut the straps off both. I've got them in my spidi suit. The back protector I have under the liner attached to the velcro that was already in the suit. The upper torso protector I split in half and put under the liner with double sided tape. The back protector curves all the way around my tailbone and the upper torso protector curves all the way around to the back protector. Very comfortable, won't ride without them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use a know Aegis 8 plate back protector. I love it. I'm about to get the knox chest armor also. I haven't crashed in it yet, and lets hope i wont. But i would definetely recommend it to everyone. Ive checked out all the others, but i chose this one, and i havent been dissappointed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts