Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
actually not as hard as you would think. I started practicing on gravel roads, and moved on to parking lots, now I can back it on the track and be in full control.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
cling said:
actually not as hard as you would think. I started practicing on gravel roads, and moved on to parking lots, now I can back it on the track and be in full control.
easy there, Rossi.

lol....if u can do it, kudos.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
cyclescientific said:
how do you know he isn't just locking up the rear wheel?
My thoughts exactly. His body position looks more like he is braking than aggresively backing it into the corner.

·
Registered
986 Posts
he's just locking up the rear wheel, see how he has the clutch in? thats the total opposite of "backing it in" because when you back it in, its actually a side of the front wheel.

dont believe me? next time your slowing down, around 30 mph, grab the clutch and slam on the rear brake :icon_lol:

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh my god... just appreciate the picture for what it looks like..

ill tell ya, this site sometimes just aggravates me with all the experts that are on it.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
cbrkid11 said:

ill tell ya, this site sometimes just aggravates me with all the experts that are on it.
I didn't mean to knock the thread bro...just that the 'discussion' came up. I'm certainly no expert and I really did enjoy the pic. Kindof reminds me of the one with the guy turning left at angle with his girl on the back with the front wheel all crazy. Anyway - apologies and thanks for the cool pic.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
cbrkid11 said:

I did, it looks like someone locking up the rear wheel.... I'm FAR from being an expert but it appears the comments posted prove contrary to what you thought and now you're all bent out of shape...

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Guys, there's only 2 ways to back the bike in that I know of.

1) Use the rear brake
2) Use the engine brake

Some use the rear brake and some just downshift and use the engine brake. Check out this video that you've probably already seen but watch the guy on the blue bike and watch his right foot at 50 seconds. You'll notice him let off the rear brake right at the apex. Nicky is known to be an avid rear braker so he's probably doing the same thing, only you can't see it from the camera angle. If you want to learn to back the bike in like these guys buy dirt bike or a motard. Same principles only with a dirt bike you have to use the rear brake as the engine brake and dirt won't produce the slide.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8462378466997568582

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
looks like it got back into a black hole cause there aint no picture

1 - 20 of 24 Posts