Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving a light tonight I gave my bike maybe half to 3/4 throttle after I got rolling and it bogged way down? I have to let off and get back in it. Any idea what it could be?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Uuuhh....It could be a host of things. Why don't you give us a better idea of what mod's are on the bike and a little history.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it just has a yoshi rs-5 exhaust and lowered as stated in my sig. i have had the bike for about three weeks. all i have done is tightened the chain. im not sure why it just started bogging down lastnight. like it fell on its nose. had a half tank of fuel and no CL.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its the first time ive noticed it. im new to the bike though. If i leave a light slow and give it alot of gas and around 3-4k rpm will that do it?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
It shouldn't, you may have an issue with when your second injectors are coming on...

Are there any DTCs set?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Possibilities....

Like Nico said your injectors could be varnished
Fuel pump could be bad (low fuel pressure)
Clogged fuel strainer
Bad gas (water in the gas)
TPS could be bad
Bad spark plug(s)
Vacuum leak(s)

See if you can find a way to repeat the problem under the same conditions. That will help narrow it down.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
I was thinking the TPS could be bad and not telling the ecu the bike was WOT, leaning it out till 5k rpm when they turn on anyway... and then the power comes back.

So many possibilities... like a fat kid in a candy store, you just never know quite which one to go for first!

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
^That what I was leaning towards. Being an '03 it could be fuel pressure related also. But we usually see that in the higher rpm range.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it wont do it again. or at least i cant get it to. im going to let my friend ride it and see if it seems fine to him hes been riding longer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts