Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 600rr phoenix edition with a PCV. i started notice that i was getting horrible mileage with around 120-130 miles per tank. I've only had my bike for about a month and am still getting used to shifting properly. i am not an aggressive driver and will go balls out on the highway if traffic isn't an issue. my questions are around what rpms should i be shifting and is a PCV worth it or should i stick with OEM engine without any mods? Why am i getting such bad mileage? :bs::dontknow::help:

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I have an 09 600rr phoenix edition with a PCV. i started notice that i was getting horrible mileage with around 120-130 miles per tank. I've only had my bike for about a month and am still getting used to shifting properly. i am not an aggressive driver and will go balls out on the highway if traffic isn't an issue. my questions are around what rpms should i be shifting and is a PCV worth it or should i stick with OEM engine without any mods? Why am i getting such bad mileage? :bs::dontknow::help:
gas milage question number 943 ...

your milage is about normal, 130 - 150 miles per tank seems to be the norm

200 miles can be had if you baby it, it appears

going balls out will KILL your milage, remember just because we have a "small" motor doesnt mean we get good, or even stallar gas milage

it takes a lot of fuel to make as much horse power from a half a liter motor as it does to make the same amount of power from a 1.5 liter honda car engine ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Regarding the power commander, it's completely up to you. It won't do wonders for a stock bike regarding a tune, but it can be fun to play with if you know what you're doing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so if a pc alone wont bring out any better performance that whats the point unless you also install an autotune. As far as mapping goes i picked the one that suited my two bros slip on. how would i know if another map can get me better results?

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
How many miles do you get before the last gas bar starts to blink?

130-150miles /tank is normal for city commuting. The more traffic you encounter the less mpg you'll get, of course. My gas light starts to blink at around 120-ish miles, then I know i'll have maybe 25-30miles til empty.

Not sure how your current PCV settings is affecting you bike tho..

·
Registered
579 Posts
your gas mileage is not horrible.

If im on it the entire tank i get about 120, mixed cruising i get about 150 on 3.1 gallons

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.