Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its a 03 600rr with 16500 miles. coming to slow stops it has a lunging effect. like the brakes will grab and let loose over and over like its throbbing. on quick stops it does the same thing but alot worse. somtimes i think i can hear a grinding noise coming from the fron but it is hard to tell because ive only had the bike 3 weeks. Any ideas? brake pads look fine i pulled the calipers yesterday.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
you just described perfectly warped rotors.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. every one around here told me it couldnt be that. Do they just get too hot and warp? is it common?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
who is every one? they need their heads checks

warped rotors will push the pads out, useually can be felt in the brake lever, which means no contact after the warped part is gone (the lunge) then the warp comes back, and it grabs hard again, rinse and repeat until you are stoped

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess. and D*** these rotors are expensive

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are there any easy ways to get the front end up without a stand?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
You can use 2 good tie-down straps over a heavy beam or large tree limb. Run them under the triple-tree. All you need to do is get it high enough to spin the wheel. Use a red straw from a WD-40 can or a pencil taped to the top of a can. Put the straw or pencil up to the rotor where it barely touches and slowly rotate the wheel. If the rotors are warped you should see a gap somewhere or the straw/pencil rubbing somewhere. Check both rotors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts