Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... I just wanted to know if this happen to anyone else other than me?

I've just got my new 06 CBR RR about 5 months ago and I'm a daily rider.
I've been filling up at the Exxon on Buena Vista and San Fernando twice a week. But a couple of weeks I've filled up there on a Thursday and road the next day to work and had my bike sit over the weekend. Come Monday to start up my bike and it doesn't start. So I brought it to the dealer and they told me that the gas was stale or mixed gas diesel/unleaded and had a funky smell to it and that the color was yellow.

So I had to clean the tank, fuel injection, and fuel system. It cost me about $100. Money for a new exhaust down the drain. Man.... I'm pissed.

I'm wondering if this ever happen to anybody else? If so I hope this helps inform others to be carefull of the Exxon on Buena Vista and San Fernando.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I use Chevron. I wouldn't put cheap gas in my bike or car like Arco or Thrifty brand...quality control sucks with them. The cheap ones are always the ones associated with bad gas reports.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah... I'm filling up with Chevron from now on. Man... I'm still pissed. Wasted a $100 for my Jardine dual RT-1 exhaust. Still waiting for it to come out.

·
Registered
167 Posts
a couple of weeks ago i watched a fuel truck leave the ampm by my house and go to the chevron less than a mile away i dont know if he was giving them gas but it sure looked like he was pulling up to do that i live in bakersfield california.

·
Registered
110 Posts
06seebrrr said:
a couple of weeks ago i watched a fuel truck leave the ampm by my house and go to the chevron less than a mile away i dont know if he was giving them gas but it sure looked like he was pulling up to do that i live in bakersfield california.
Yeah, I've seen that happen also. I also saw a show (60 minutes or something, forgot which one) about different gas stations & if any particular one was better another. The show stated that after research, all the gas is pretty much the same. The only difference being the additives (Techron & such). They say this is the case because the different companies share pipelines to transport the fuel so it just gets all mixed up anyways.

I don't know how accurate this report was. Just sharing what I heard.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Nothing but Chevron with Techron, everything else is crap. Btw - my grandpa in law was a truck driver for chevron, and they only use their own gas at stations.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The major supply for gas in the northeast comes out of a depot in Virginia. All the gas companies in that area get there gas there and like others have stated it is just the additives that are different. I don't know where the gas in CA originates but it is most likley the same. Back when Katrina hit gas prices soared here because the refineries that supply the depot in VA where in LA. hope this makes sense.

Ya so all gas is pretty much the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts