Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bad gas? ****PROBLEM SOLVED REPLACED CHAIN****

My bike is a 2006 600rr with 13000 miles pretty much stock only a yoshi slip on with no power comander, I changed my oil every 2500 miles or so and my battery went dead last year around this time other than that I think that's it for my bike history. About a month ago I noticed while I was in the freeway riding at around 7k rpm's my bike starting loosing power, like if it was running out gas but then the problem went away. Last saturday I put some cheap gas in my bike and the problem started again. So I got rid of the gas and filled her up at chevron and it seem to ride better but at lower rpm's I had the same problem. So I went to the shop and they told me to add some fuel additive to remove deposits in the motor and fuel injectors due to bad gasoline, so I did that and it runs a lot better but not 100 % better. I'm going to buy a new battery now to see what happens. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
337 Posts
My bike is a 2006 600rr with 13000 miles pretty much stock only a yoshi slip on with no power comander, I changed my oil every 2500 miles or so and my battery went dead last year around this time other than that I think that's it for my bike history. About a month ago I noticed while I was in the freeway riding at around 7k rpm's my bike starting loosing power, like if it was running out gas but then the problem went away. Last saturday I put some cheap gas in my bike and the problem started again. So I got rid of the gas and filled her up at chevron and it seem to ride better but at lower rpm's I had the same problem. So I went to the shop and they told me to add some fuel additive to remove deposits in the motor and fuel injectors due to bad gasoline, so I did that and it runs a lot better but not 100 % better. I'm going to buy a new battery now to see what happens. Any Ideas?

i have a similar problem going on right now with my 03 rr, but it occurs at 8.5k rpm, i ordered a new fuel pump from ebay i got here yesterday, i'm going to install it tonight - hopefully thats my issue, ill let you know

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a similar problem going on right now with my 03 rr, but it occurs at 8.5k rpm, i ordered a new fuel pump from ebay i got here yesterday, i'm going to install it tonight - hopefully thats my issue, ill let you know
I hope it works out for you....

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont think your battery is the problem
I just had my battery charged instead of buying a new one. Then I went out a 30 min ride and my bike seem to run ALOT better, now I dont know if is the fuel additive that's working or I'm just getting rid off the bad gas or what? But I'm going to check the plugs next.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know how to check for a pinched fuel line or gas tank vent hose. Do I need to remove the gas tank?

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Does anyone know how to check for a pinched fuel line or gas tank vent hose. Do I need to remove the gas tank?
You might have to because those lines sit underneath it... I don't think it'd be a pinched line but it wouldn't hurt to check. Haven't got around to those plugs I'd assume?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update: So I said fvck it and took my bike to the shop. They said my chain is the problem because it was too tight had a few frozen spots on it. So I'll find out in a couple of hours if that fixed the problem..

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I completely forgot the first time my bike was acting up I'd adjusted the chain and the problem went away then the saturday before last when I thought I put bad gas in my bike i'd adjusted the chain before I left my house and I did notice some dead spots on my chain. Anyways problem solved got a new chain. Bike runs like a champ :toothy4:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
hmmm. im wondering if this could be MY problem. Ive noticed that over 11k I have a significant reduction in power, it doesnt spike like it used to.

I thought it had something to do with my map sensor, and possibly upper injectors, as I put an 06 engine in my 04 and used 04 upper injectors, fuel line, and map sensor.

But I also installed a new chain with the swap, did it myself.

How do you look out for dead spots? How can I tell without taking my bike to the shop???

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmmm. im wondering if this could be MY problem. Ive noticed that over 11k I have a significant reduction in power, it doesnt spike like it used to.

I thought it had something to do with my map sensor, and possibly upper injectors, as I put an 06 engine in my 04 and used 04 upper injectors, fuel line, and map sensor.

But I also installed a new chain with the swap, did it myself.

How do you look out for dead spots? How can I tell without taking my bike to the shop???
Here is write up by Moeman
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=58373
Just make sure you check every spot on your chain when your doing this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts