Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

That top bolt...? I have my bike apart and when I was tinkering I found that backed out probably 3/4 of an inch. Right side of the bike behind the rearset, in the corner you can see the end of the header/midpipe to give you location reference.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plan on it, but Tim you know I'm new, just wasn't too sure of if it could have been bad if it came out while riding

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not too sure, the lower looks like it might touch the linkage maybe? Here's 2 more pictures for a better view, the silver bar is my linkage

As you can see, i put some loctite on the threads, some of it spread outward lol

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
you used way to much..... goodluck if u ever need to take that apart again

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Nah that's just blue. If it was red though......
yea blue is medium strength with the amount he used that still can cause a problem.... ive seen it a bunch... esp since i am a mechanic

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not even remotely worried about it, little heat call it a day. regardless i have no need to take it out. didnt even apply alot, I just accidently hit the edge of the bolt trying to some on there without backing the whole bolt out.

Still not answering my original question, would it have been an issue if it came out while riding, just curious as to if it was a safety concern

1 - 10 of 10 Posts