Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been suffering from a mild low back tweak that has left me a little uncomfortable for roughly 1 year.....the other nite i dropped my bike in traffic and luckily a few guys came to help me lift it so there wasnt too much strain on me whatsoever.....for the future when i fall and am alone and need to move the bike rapidly what is the best way to do so, so i dont **** my back up??.....BTW is trying to save a falling bike bad for the low back? i tried to make a save but she was goin over whether i like it or not....i was on the bike with my right foot on the ground using waht felt like my arms and chest but i dunno.....didnt really hurt this morning...THANKS for the comments/advice...

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
i wouldn't try to save a bike in a tipover, whats more important your ability to walk and stand comfortably? or your ego about your shiny RR?

If you have to pick it up i would try to lift completely with your legs, but that might be hard, otherwise i would just try to get people that are around to help you, two people should be able to lift the 400 pounds easy.

godluck

N

·
0 Posts
Best way to do this is to turn the handle bars so the front wheel turns in towards you, slightly bend down, lean your hips against the bike (tank), and push, push and push.

Once you get the hang of it you can lift the bike in 3 seconds.

·
Registered
787 Posts
when i took the msf, the instructor taught us how to pick up a bike, he said to put your back against the bike (the seat), use your legs to push the bike up while holding one of the handle bar and whateverelse you can get the other hands on, hope that make sense, fortunately i've never had to try it out

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've always wondered how I could pick my bikes big ass up if it ever fell.... God willing, i'll never drop it.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
SEE A CHIROPRACTOR, NOT A DOCTOR.

I swear by mine. Get an adjustment done and then relax for two days. within a couple of weeks you'll be back to 100% and then some

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a fused lower back and I can pick mine up...worse case senario put pressure on the back wheel and fire up the bike and use the gearing to lift the bike...that is how I use to do dirt bikes when I was a kid I have dropped my rr a couple of times....and picked it up without injurying myself anymore then I already am!

·
Ninja Master
2,459 Posts
semper said:
I have a fused lower back and I can pick mine up...worse case senario put pressure on the back wheel and fire up the bike and use the gearing to lift the bike...that is how I use to do dirt bikes when I was a kid I have dropped my rr a couple of times....and picked it up without injurying myself anymore then I already am!
FUT the WUCK are you talking about?!?

post a video. i gotta see you do this with an rr!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Same here...

When I dropped my bike, I was so pissed I picked it up almost instantly. I just turned my handlebars so the wheel is pointed at me and lifted.

Just out of curiosity, what do the doctors say about riding a motorcycle with a bad back in the first place?

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
OK, Not to be the voice of reason or anything but...

If you're actually concerned that you'll be dropping the bike more in the future, I think you're on the wrong bike too soon. Might want to go pick up a 250, 500 or something to do a bit more learning on. Dropping the RR repeatedly could get a little expensive; not to mention dangerous in traffic.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
let's not talk about dropping bikes. puts everyone in a bad mood. hah

·
Registered
46 Posts
go to the gym and start working out.

if the bike is too heavy for you to pick up alone, you bought the wrong bike.

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
Many a time I've dropped a bike and many a time I've pick them up. I'm little in all ways, 5'5" and 107 lbs. and I have no problem with pick up a bike. It all comes down to how you pick it up. There are tried and true methods to picking one up, you just need to know which way is best for you. There's no one perfect way to pick your bike up.

I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud, but more then likely you'll drop her again. It's just the nature of the sport. If you're over worried about falling then you're not having fun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts